'The Black Dahlia' Scribe Set to Write 'Avatar 2'
"Avatar 2" has found its writer. The Wrap reports that Josh Friedman, whose script was used by Steven Spielberg for his directing gig in 2005, "War of the Worlds", has been hired to pen the latest installment of the franchise. James Cameron is still the man behind the lens for the 20th Century Fox sequel.
Friedman has a history with the studio. In addition to "War of the Worlds", he wrote the screenplay for Brian De Palma's Oscar-nominated pic "The Black Dahlia" starring Josh Hartnett and Scarlett Johansson. He also has penned the pilot for "Locke & Key" and created TV series "Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles".
While it is not clear who will be featured in the movie, original cast member Zoe Saldana is seemingly up for the gig. Last May, the Neytiri depicter revealed that there would be two follow-ups to the 2009 Oscar-winning movie being shot back to back in 2014.
"I think that they're doing a part two and a part three and they're probably going to shoot it at the same time," Saldana said while making the press rounds for "Star Trek Into Darkness". "Because if we just do two and then wait, I'll probably be 45 or 50 by the time we get to part three. It takes a long time, it's a very hard process."
More Avatar 2 News
- Katy Perry Crowd-Surfing Twice at Glastonbury 2017
- Blac Chyna Involved in Car Accident
- Kelly Osbourne Shows Her Derriere While Struggling to Get Out of Her Dress
- Kendall Jenner Looks Unrecognizable in Her Latest Instagram Pictures
- Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Spotted Kissing Another Woman in London
- Angelina Jolie Is Worrying That Brad Pitt Will Get More Custody
- Amanda Bynes Steps Out for Shopping in Beverly Hills
- Gal Gadot Is Already Planning for Baby No. 3