'The Black Dahlia' Scribe Set to Write 'Avatar 2'
"Avatar 2" has found its writer. The Wrap reports that Josh Friedman, whose script was used by Steven Spielberg for his directing gig in 2005, "War of the Worlds", has been hired to pen the latest installment of the franchise. James Cameron is still the man behind the lens for the 20th Century Fox sequel.
Friedman has a history with the studio. In addition to "War of the Worlds", he wrote the screenplay for Brian De Palma's Oscar-nominated pic "The Black Dahlia" starring Josh Hartnett and Scarlett Johansson. He also has penned the pilot for "Locke & Key" and created TV series "Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles".
While it is not clear who will be featured in the movie, original cast member Zoe Saldana is seemingly up for the gig. Last May, the Neytiri depicter revealed that there would be two follow-ups to the 2009 Oscar-winning movie being shot back to back in 2014.
"I think that they're doing a part two and a part three and they're probably going to shoot it at the same time," Saldana said while making the press rounds for "Star Trek Into Darkness". "Because if we just do two and then wait, I'll probably be 45 or 50 by the time we get to part three. It takes a long time, it's a very hard process."
- Despite Chipped Tooth and Skin Rash, Kim Kardashian Has Lots of Fun at Las Vegas Party
- Comic-Con: Brie Larson Officially Named Captain Marvel
- Comic-Con: 'The Vampire Diaries' Announced to End With Season 8. How Fans React?
- After Breaking Down on Stage, Selena Gomez Posts Cryptic Message on Instagram
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers