'The Black Dahlia' Scribe Set to Write 'Avatar 2'
"Avatar 2" has found its writer. The Wrap reports that Josh Friedman, whose script was used by Steven Spielberg for his directing gig in 2005, "War of the Worlds", has been hired to pen the latest installment of the franchise. James Cameron is still the man behind the lens for the 20th Century Fox sequel.
Friedman has a history with the studio. In addition to "War of the Worlds", he wrote the screenplay for Brian De Palma's Oscar-nominated pic "The Black Dahlia" starring Josh Hartnett and Scarlett Johansson. He also has penned the pilot for "Locke & Key" and created TV series "Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles".
While it is not clear who will be featured in the movie, original cast member Zoe Saldana is seemingly up for the gig. Last May, the Neytiri depicter revealed that there would be two follow-ups to the 2009 Oscar-winning movie being shot back to back in 2014.
"I think that they're doing a part two and a part three and they're probably going to shoot it at the same time," Saldana said while making the press rounds for "Star Trek Into Darkness". "Because if we just do two and then wait, I'll probably be 45 or 50 by the time we get to part three. It takes a long time, it's a very hard process."
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media