Panic At the Disco's Drummer Spencer Smith Reveals Drug Addiction
One of Panic At the Disco's founding members, drummer Spencer Smith, reveals that he is now sober after finishing a rehab stint to cure his addiction to prescription drugs. Writing on the band's website, Spencer said that he started drinking and smoking weeds at the age of 19.
"Then, a little over 2 years ago, something traumatic happened in regards to the health of a loved one. It was around this time that I started taking Vicodin and Xanax on a daily basis. It was an intoxicating mix," Spencer said. He self-medicated himself for depression using those drugs and shortly after became a "serious addict."
He kept the drugs anywhere such as his car and backpack. He would take some with him until he came home. "I couldn't go more than 8 hours without feeling painkiller withdrawals," he said. Spencer admitted that he wanted to stop using the drugs, but his attempt usually only lasted two or three weeks. Therefore, he entered a rehab facility last fall, with the support of his band members, family and girlfriend.
In the end of the post, Spencer said that he shared the story to motivate anyone who battled drug addiction to seek help. The drummer added, "You can recover!! So, please seek help if you're suffering personally, and urge anyone you know to get help if they are suffering. It gets better one day at a time."
- Suki Waterhouse Flashes Nipples in See-Through Dress During Chilly Beach Photo Shoot
- Anne Hathaway Controls a Monster in 'Colossal' Trailer
- Gregg Sulkin and Tyler Posey's Nude Photos Leaked by Ex Bella Thorne?
- Bella Hadid Bumps Into Ex The Weeknd During Concert at Madison Square Garden
- Dwayne Johnson's Black Adam Gets a Solo Movie as DC Splits 'Shazam'
- Amber Rose Claps Back at Haters Accusing Her of Being Rude to Sexual Assault Victim
- Did Charlie Sheen Just Threaten Jon Voight for Speaking at Donald Trump's Pre-Inagural Event?
- Kanye West Is Not Invited to Perform at Trump's Inauguration Because of This!