'Beauty and the Beast' Star Jay Ryan Welcomes Daughter
"Beauty and the Beast" actor Jay Ryan is a father. His longtime girlfriend, writer/director Dianna Fuemana, gave birth to the couple's first child four months ago. The baby girl is called Eve. The new parents had been keeping the good news private and only disclosed the fact recently.
"We've kept everything pretty quiet until now, but it's changed my life and really put a lot of things in perspective," the 31-year-old actor told Australia's TV Week at Comic-Con in San Diego. "I never expected to be a dad at my age and she was a little bundle of surprise for me and my partner, but it makes me realize how important family really is," he added.
Ryan said that his bundle of joy was born two days before filming for the first season of "Beauty and the Beast" was finished in Toronto, Canada. "She's a Canadian-New Zealand girl and we spent a lot of time in Toronto waiting for her papers and visas to come through and slowly becoming parents and realizing we're not going to sleep for five years," he said.
Following the baby's arrival, the new parents went to Los Angeles for a holiday. They rented a villa in the Hollywood Hills and celebrated the arrival with his family who came from New Zealand to meet Eve.
Jay, whose real name is Jay Bunyan, was born in New Zealand. He moved to Australia to pursue acting career at the age of 19. He appeared on a popular Australian drama "Sea Patrol" as well as U.S. series "Terra Nova" and "Beauty and the Beast."
- Kourtney Kardashian on Reconciling With Scott Disick: 'I'm So Not There Yet'
- Listen to Preview of Carly Rae Jepsen's 'E.Mo.Tion: Side B' Tracks
- Here's Your First Look at Kristin Chenoweth's Easter on 'American Gods'
- Prince's Paisley Park Home Will Be Open for Public in October
- Terminally Ill Fan Got Special Screening of 'Rogue One: A Star Wars Story' Before Passing
- Here's What Blac Chyna Thinks of Kylie Jenner Playing Step Mom to King Cairo
- 'Mr. Robot' 2.09 Preview: It's Time to Go Home
- Lady GaGa's New Song 'Perfect Illusion' Reportedly due Out Next Week