'Beauty and the Beast' Star Jay Ryan Welcomes Daughter
"Beauty and the Beast" actor Jay Ryan is a father. His longtime girlfriend, writer/director Dianna Fuemana, gave birth to the couple's first child four months ago. The baby girl is called Eve. The new parents had been keeping the good news private and only disclosed the fact recently.
"We've kept everything pretty quiet until now, but it's changed my life and really put a lot of things in perspective," the 31-year-old actor told Australia's TV Week at Comic-Con in San Diego. "I never expected to be a dad at my age and she was a little bundle of surprise for me and my partner, but it makes me realize how important family really is," he added.
Ryan said that his bundle of joy was born two days before filming for the first season of "Beauty and the Beast" was finished in Toronto, Canada. "She's a Canadian-New Zealand girl and we spent a lot of time in Toronto waiting for her papers and visas to come through and slowly becoming parents and realizing we're not going to sleep for five years," he said.
Following the baby's arrival, the new parents went to Los Angeles for a holiday. They rented a villa in the Hollywood Hills and celebrated the arrival with his family who came from New Zealand to meet Eve.
Jay, whose real name is Jay Bunyan, was born in New Zealand. He moved to Australia to pursue acting career at the age of 19. He appeared on a popular Australian drama "Sea Patrol" as well as U.S. series "Terra Nova" and "Beauty and the Beast."
- The Flash Reunites With Jay Garrick, Teams Up With Tom Felton's Character in Season 3 Photos
- 'Doctor Strange' IMAX Trailer Unveils Avengers Ties. Also Get Details About Rachel McAdams' Role
- Donald Trump on Former Miss Universe Alicia Machado He Once Called 'Miss Piggy': She's 'the Worst'
- Amy Schumer Is First Woman to Make Forbes' List of Highest-Paid Comedians
- Justin Bieber Blows Snots on Concertgoers After Telling Fans They 'Suck'
- Denzel Washington and Viola Davis Argue Over Their Hard Lives in 'Fences' Teaser Trailer
- Netflix Debuts First Trailer for Its Ambitious Royal Drama 'The Crown'
- Did Gigi Hadid Throw Shade at Harry Styles With This Photo of Zayn Malik?