'Beauty and the Beast' Star Jay Ryan Welcomes Daughter
"Beauty and the Beast" actor Jay Ryan is a father. His longtime girlfriend, writer/director Dianna Fuemana, gave birth to the couple's first child four months ago. The baby girl is called Eve. The new parents had been keeping the good news private and only disclosed the fact recently.
"We've kept everything pretty quiet until now, but it's changed my life and really put a lot of things in perspective," the 31-year-old actor told Australia's TV Week at Comic-Con in San Diego. "I never expected to be a dad at my age and she was a little bundle of surprise for me and my partner, but it makes me realize how important family really is," he added.
Ryan said that his bundle of joy was born two days before filming for the first season of "Beauty and the Beast" was finished in Toronto, Canada. "She's a Canadian-New Zealand girl and we spent a lot of time in Toronto waiting for her papers and visas to come through and slowly becoming parents and realizing we're not going to sleep for five years," he said.
Following the baby's arrival, the new parents went to Los Angeles for a holiday. They rented a villa in the Hollywood Hills and celebrated the arrival with his family who came from New Zealand to meet Eve.
Jay, whose real name is Jay Bunyan, was born in New Zealand. He moved to Australia to pursue acting career at the age of 19. He appeared on a popular Australian drama "Sea Patrol" as well as U.S. series "Terra Nova" and "Beauty and the Beast."
- 'Homeland' Finds Its Female President in 'House of Cards' Star
- Lindsay Lohan's Father Confirms She Told Him She's Pregnant
- Beyonce and 4-Year-Old Blue Ivy Play Twinsie in Cute Pictures
- Shonda Rhimes Denies 'GMA' Report That 'Scandal' Is Ending With Season 6
- Ellen Pompeo Admits She Stays on 'Grey's Anatomy' Because of Her Age
- James McAvoy Is a Psychopath in 'Split' Trailer
- Kristen Stewart 'So Much Happier' With Girlfriend Alicia Cargile Than With Any Man
- Watch: Elizabeth Banks, Idina Menzel and More Stars Cover 'Fight Song' for Hillary Clinton