'Beauty and the Beast' Star Jay Ryan Welcomes Daughter
"Beauty and the Beast" actor Jay Ryan is a father. His longtime girlfriend, writer/director Dianna Fuemana, gave birth to the couple's first child four months ago. The baby girl is called Eve. The new parents had been keeping the good news private and only disclosed the fact recently.
"We've kept everything pretty quiet until now, but it's changed my life and really put a lot of things in perspective," the 31-year-old actor told Australia's TV Week at Comic-Con in San Diego. "I never expected to be a dad at my age and she was a little bundle of surprise for me and my partner, but it makes me realize how important family really is," he added.
Ryan said that his bundle of joy was born two days before filming for the first season of "Beauty and the Beast" was finished in Toronto, Canada. "She's a Canadian-New Zealand girl and we spent a lot of time in Toronto waiting for her papers and visas to come through and slowly becoming parents and realizing we're not going to sleep for five years," he said.
Following the baby's arrival, the new parents went to Los Angeles for a holiday. They rented a villa in the Hollywood Hills and celebrated the arrival with his family who came from New Zealand to meet Eve.
Jay, whose real name is Jay Bunyan, was born in New Zealand. He moved to Australia to pursue acting career at the age of 19. He appeared on a popular Australian drama "Sea Patrol" as well as U.S. series "Terra Nova" and "Beauty and the Beast."
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival