Selena Gomez Scores First No. 1 Album on Billboard 200 With 'Stars Dance'
Selena Gomez's new album, "Stars Dance", has officially landed at No. 1 on Billboard 200 after selling 97,000 in its first week. It marks Gomez's first No. 1 album and best sales week. Her previous release, 2011's "When the Sun Goes Down", peaked at No. 3 after debuting at No. 4 with 78,000.
Gomez, who turned 21 last week, joins BFF Taylor Swift as the youngest artists who have scored a No.1 album. Nearly three years ago, the then-20-year-old Swift had her third studio album, "Speak Now", ruling the chart for six non-consecutive weeks.
"Stars Dance" has also earned Gomez her first top 10 single on Billboard 100 as her hit single, "Come & Get It", bowed at No. 6 on the chart.
"This is my fourth record and I work really hard on my music, so to have the first No. 1 is really humbling. I feel like 'Come & Get It' was a great surprise. People didn't expect that kind of feel from me in that different genre of music. I really opened myself up to try different sounds with my music," Gomez said of her highest-charting album and single.
Jay-Z's "Magna Carta... Holy Grail" has to spend its third week at No. 2. The two-week winner has given up its crown after selling additional 77,000 copies. Soaring from No. 8 to No. 3 is the soundtrack of Disney's "Teen Beach Movie". It rounds out the top 3 with 57,000.
Kidz Bop Kids' "Kidz Bop 24" slips from No. 3 to No. 4 with 39,000. It is followed by Marc Anthony's new Spanish-language album, "3.0", which debuts at No. 5 with 39,000.
Sixth placer Florida Georgia Line's "Here's to the Good Times" has sold 30,000, while Imagine Dragons' "Night Visions" places seventh with 27,000. We Came as Romans' "Tracing Back Roots" arrives at No. 8 with 26,000.
The Michigan rockers' newest album is followed by Young Money and Cash Money Records' compilation, "Rich Gang". The compilation album places the 9th with 24,000. Justin Timberlake's comeback album, "The 20/20 Experience", claims the last spot at the chart's top 10 with 21,000.
- "Stars Dance" - Selena Gomez (97,000)
- "Magna Carta... Holy Grail" - Jay-Z (77,000)
- "Teen Beach Movie" Soundtrack (57,000)
- "Kidz Bop 24" - Kidz Bop Kids (39,000)
- "3.0" - Marc Anthony (39,000)
- "Here's to the Good Times" - Florida Georgia Line (30,000)
- "Night Visions" - Imagine Dragons (27,000)
- "Tracing Back Roots" - We Came as Romans (26,000)
- "Rich Gang" - Young Money and Cash Money Records (24,000)
- "The 20/20 Experience" - Justin Timberlake (21,000)
More Selena Gomez News
- 'True Blood' Alum Stephen Moyer Lands Lead Role on FOX's 'X-Men' Series Pilot
- Mariah Carey's Boobs Almost Spill Out of Her Plunging Dress at Vanity Fair's Oscars Party
- Selena Gomez and The Weeknd Go for a Date Night in Paris as Bella Hadid Parties Just Blocks Away
- Russell Crowe May Portray Cable in 'Deadpool 2'
- Keyshia Cole Punishes Cheating Boyfriend in 'You' Music Video Ft. Remy Ma and French Montana
- Vera Farmiga Set to Star as Millie Bobby Brown's On-Screen Mother in 'Godzilla 2'
- Lorde Teases Upcoming Music With Mysterious Ad
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Premiere: Gwen Stefani Returns as Coach and Wins the First Four-Way Battle