Report: Bravo Debating the Fate of 'Real Housewives of NJ' Amid Teresa Giudice Tax Fraud Charges
Teresa Giudice and husband Joe Giudice's current legal issue may cost them a reality show gig. NY Daily News reports that Bravo is mulling over the fate of "The Real Housewives of New Jersey" amidst the couple's tax fraud charges as she has been the most popular star among the cast members.
Sources tell the site that the show, which has been a ratings hit for Bravo, now becomes a headache for the network and its executives due to negative publicity received by the Giudices. "Nobody wants to see their talent in this kind of a situation," a so-called network source says.
Teresa and Joe have reportedly pitched a spin-off show to the network's bosses, but "they are not interested." An insider claims, "Bravo only spins off happy situations - marriages, baby news. Not prison."
Teresa and Joe Giudice were indicted on bankruptcy, fraud and tax charges earlier this week. They appeared in court on Tuesday, July 30 to post a $500,000 bond each and were asked to give up their passports. The couple is expected to plead not guilty at the arraignment hearing scheduled for August 14.
"Thank you all so so much for your love and support. It means the world to me and my family! TANTI BACI Xx," the 41-year-old socialite tweeted for the first time on Wednesday since her indictment.
- Calvin Harris Won't Date Another Celebrity Thanks to 'Narcissist' Taylor Swift
- Fans Petition 'Star Wars' to Include First Gay Character to Honor Orlando Victims
- Get to Know More About 'The Walking Dead' Villain Negan! His Backstory Is Revealed in Comics
- Rihanna Shares 'Saucy' Video of Her Crotch
- Paris Hilton Likes a Shady Meme to Remind Kanye West She Made Kim Kardashian Famous
- Dwayne Johnson Shares New Picture From 'Fast and Furious 8' Set
- Calvin Harris Also Moves On - The DJ Is Surrounded by Sexy Ladies on a Yacht
- Video: Prince Harry Joins Coldplay Onstage During Kensington Palace Concert