Anna Torv Cast as Lesbian in Ryan Murphy's Provocative Drama
Anna Torv has found her next starring vehicle after "Fringe" ended its five-season run in early this year. The Australian actress has landed a role in HBO's drama pilot "Open" from "Glee" co-creator Ryan Murphy.
Along with Torv, Jennifer Jason Leigh is also cast in the potential new series. Torv will play Windsor, a yoga instructor in a long-term relationship with Holly (Leigh), who is an actress intensely committed to her career.
When Windsor meets Grace, the wife of Scott Speedman's Jonathan, she feels an instant connection. Grace herself is described as a gynecologist who is confused about her sexuality after a tryst with Windsor. Casting is underway for the character.
"Open" is a modern, provocative exploration of human sexuality and relationships. Jonathan, one of the five lead characters, is a handsome sports marketing executive. Another character which has been cast is Evan Foster, a blowhard who loves espousing his theories on human sexuality, with Wes Bentley tapped to tackle the role.
The provocative drama marks Torv's first TV gig after "Fringe" wrapped up in January this year. Golden Globe nominee Leigh, meanwhile, recurred on Showtime's "Weeds" and guest starred on ABC's "Revenge".
- New Couple Alert? Katy Perry and Chris Martin Are Spotted Holding Hands
- Super Junior's Leeteuk Gets Robbed in Switzerland
- Kardashian-Jenner Sisters Throw Surprise Birthday Party for Khloe
- Evidence of Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo's Rendezvous in Bali Revealed
- Living Life to the Fullest! Brad Pitt Caught Cozying Up to Sienna Miller and Elle Macpherson
- Louis Tomlinson Was Feeling Left Out of One Direction: 'What Have I Really Done to Contribute Here?'
- Gwyneth Paltrow's Goop Accused by NASA of Scamming Customers With Healing Stickers
- Liev Schreiber Spotted With Another Woman Amid Dating Rumors With Gerard Butler's Ex Morgan Brown