Video: Robin Thicke Performs on 'Today' Summer Concert Series
Still basking in the overwhelming success of his No. 1 hit song "Blurred Lines", Canadian R'n'B artist Robin Thicke rocked the "Today" Summer Concert Series at the Rockefeller Plaza with hit from his new album, similarly-titled as his chart-topping track. The 36-year-old singer expectedly dished out his career-defining hit made infamous by its notorious music video and paired it off with the Timbaland-produced "Take It Easy on Me".
Similar to past live performances of "Blurred Lines", Thicke paraded his three lovely back-up dancers onstage but was missing his collaborators Pharrell Williams and T.I. that morning. But as it turned out, all the crowd needed was Thicke and his overflowing sexiness, which he effortlessly exuded in a simple ensemble of a blue blazer on a white shirt accessorized with a pair of dark sunglasses.
During a chat with Matt Lauer, Thicke defended his latest hit, which became a hot topic for controversy after critics said it objectified women with all the nudity in the music video. Apparently, the lyrics are also under attack, but Thicke stands by it, saying he had nothing but "the best intentions."
"When we made the song we had nothing but the most respect for women," Thicke told Lauer. "Sometimes the lyrics can get misconstrued when you're just trying to put people on the dance floor and have a good time. But we had no idea it would stir this much controversy..."
Robin Thicke performing "Blurred Lines" on "Today" Summer Concert Series:
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'