Simon Pegg: 'I Don't Want to Be in 'Star Wars' '
Simon Pegg has had great times working together with J.J. Abrams in two "Star Trek" movies and tasted success with both installments that each became a box office hit once released. With Abrams now leaving the "Star Trek" world and moving to rival franchise "Star Wars", Pegg says he does not want to follow in his beloved director's footsteps.
"I don't want to be in 'Star Wars'," the actor and comedian admits to The Age. The 43-year-old star, who will next be seen alongside Rosamund Pike, Martin Freeman and Pierce Brosnan in "The World's End", then reveals it is not because of the rivalry at all as he says, "I think it would spoil it."
"When I saw 'Star Wars' when I was a kid, I saw a bunch of people I'd never seen before with some lofty, very respectable older actors in senior roles," Pegg elaborates. "I would hope J.J. doesn't stunt-cast the film. It would be great to get some new peeps in it, it would be amazing."
During the Comic-Con weekend, the frequent collaborator of Nick Frost said he "had mixed emotions" when finding out that Abrams jumped aboard "Star Wars Episode 7". "My first thought was, 'Oh no, Dad's had another baby. It's like we're not the cute kid anymore, he's going to be playing with the baby now,' " he told Metro World News.
"And then secondly I was like, 'Geez, it's going to be good. I'm going to have to like it again now.' I'd just gotten used to being OK with hating 'Star Wars', and now it's like, 'Oh no, I'm going to have to like it again!' "
More Simon Pegg News
- Bella Hadid Flaunts Ample Cleavage in Racy Bikini. See the Pic!
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Cradle Chrissy Teigen and John Legend's Baby During Brunch
- Jeff Bridges Joins 'Kingsman: The Golden Circle'
- Demi Lovato Mourning Her Great-Grandma's Death. Read Her Touching Tribute
- Rob Kardashian and Blac Chyna Party in Las Vegas, Talk About Wedding Plans
- Stephen Amell and Will Arnett Joke About Making an 'Arrow' Feature Film
- Liam Hemsworth Admits His 2013 Split From Miley Cyrus 'Was Hard'
- Madonna Throws Shade at BET for Diss Over Her BBMA Tribute to Prince