Katy Perry's First Single From New Album Is Titled 'Roar'
Since her first two fragrances are called "Purr" and "Meow", "Firework" singer Katy Perry choosing a song entitled "Roar" as the first single off her forthcoming album fits in perfectly her more mature vibe. The feline-inspired title aptly marks her growth from a cat into a lioness in the music industry.
Song co-writer Dr. Luke himself hinted about "Roar" (or "Rawr") being the first single off "Prism" when he tweeted last week, "and the new song starts with an 'R' ....." The record producer, along with Bonnie McKee and Max Martin, forms the creative team behind the 28-year-old Perry's third studio album, after producing the hits "I Kissed a Girl", "Hot N Cold", "California Gurls" and "Teenage Dream".
Perhaps the "California Gurls" singer had been influenced by the write-up in her July Vogue profile that eloquently stated, "So, when Katy Perry roars in like a Bond girl in her low, growly, bright-red Maserati GranCabrio Fendi and hurls it into a parking space, it's like the beginning of a movie." Either way, it's quite a smashing title for a lead single.
"Roar" is set to be released on August 26, soon after the 2013 MTV Video Music Awards gets underway. A few more months and a few more tracks released later, her eagerly-awaited follow-up record to "Teenage Dream" will then hit stores beginning on October 22.
More Katy Perry News
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics