Kris Allen and Wife Katy Welcome Son Oliver
Congratulations are in order for Kris Allen and his wife Katy O'Donnell. The winner of "American Idol" season 8 officially becomes a father at 28. He is thrilled to announce that his first child was just born. "Happy Day!!!! My little stud was born today. Oliver is here people!" he tweeted Tuesday night, July 30.
"Little Oliver Neil Allen is here!" a rep reveals to Us Weekly. "He's 7 pounds, 7 ounces, 20 3/4 inches long. Mom and baby are doing great." The new dad additionally posted a picture of himself in hospital scrub. "My outfit for the day. The best outfit ill ever where. #bestdayofmylife," he beamed.
Allen married his high school sweetheart in September 2008. He announced his wife's pregnancy while recuperating from injuries he got in a car crash on New Year's Day. "Thank you, Ford, for equipping me with a car that kept my whole family and the little one we have on the way safe," he tweeted back then. "Yes, I got in a really bad wreck tonight, and yes, I'm having a lil baby."
Of entering fatherhood for the first time, the singer recently gushed, "I am really excited. I've always wanted to be a dad...[Katy has] already started buying him clothes like mine. He's already got some [fedoras]."
- Viola Davis to Lead All-Female Heist Movie From '12 Years a Slave' Director Steve McQueen
- Nick Jonas Gets Cozy With Bikini Hottie in Hawaii
- Brad Pitt Bails on Movie Screening to Focus on 'Family Situation' Amid Angelina Jolie Divorce
- 'The Strain' Renewed for Fourth and Final Season
- Justin Theroux Slams Media for Thrusting Jennifer Aniston Into Brangelina's Divorce
- Gigi Hadid on Fighting Off Her Attacker in Milan: 'I Felt I Was in Danger'
- Video Premiere: Hailee Steinfeld's 'Starving' Ft. Zedd
- Brody Jenner Throws Tantrum After Getting Kicked Off Hotel