Kris Allen and Wife Katy Welcome Son Oliver
Congratulations are in order for Kris Allen and his wife Katy O'Donnell. The winner of "American Idol" season 8 officially becomes a father at 28. He is thrilled to announce that his first child was just born. "Happy Day!!!! My little stud was born today. Oliver is here people!" he tweeted Tuesday night, July 30.
"Little Oliver Neil Allen is here!" a rep reveals to Us Weekly. "He's 7 pounds, 7 ounces, 20 3/4 inches long. Mom and baby are doing great." The new dad additionally posted a picture of himself in hospital scrub. "My outfit for the day. The best outfit ill ever where. #bestdayofmylife," he beamed.
Allen married his high school sweetheart in September 2008. He announced his wife's pregnancy while recuperating from injuries he got in a car crash on New Year's Day. "Thank you, Ford, for equipping me with a car that kept my whole family and the little one we have on the way safe," he tweeted back then. "Yes, I got in a really bad wreck tonight, and yes, I'm having a lil baby."
Of entering fatherhood for the first time, the singer recently gushed, "I am really excited. I've always wanted to be a dad...[Katy has] already started buying him clothes like mine. He's already got some [fedoras]."
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' Toys Reveal First Look at Kurt Russell's Ego
- Will Kanye West Perform at Pal Donald Trump's Inauguration?
- Fergie Who? Nicole Scherzinger to Replace the Singer in Black Eyed Peas
- Tupac Shakur Biopic 'All Eyez on Me' Is Set to Be Released in Summer
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Reignite Dating Rumors After Seen Shopping Together
- Ariana Grande Criticized for Claiming She's the 'Hardest Working 23-Year-Old' on Earth
- Lady GaGa Teases Super Bowl Performance in New Behind-the-Scenes Video
- 'Game of Thrones' Latest Tidbit Reveals This Character's Unlikely Return in Season 7