Kris Allen and Wife Katy Welcome Son Oliver
Congratulations are in order for Kris Allen and his wife Katy O'Donnell. The winner of "American Idol" season 8 officially becomes a father at 28. He is thrilled to announce that his first child was just born. "Happy Day!!!! My little stud was born today. Oliver is here people!" he tweeted Tuesday night, July 30.
"Little Oliver Neil Allen is here!" a rep reveals to Us Weekly. "He's 7 pounds, 7 ounces, 20 3/4 inches long. Mom and baby are doing great." The new dad additionally posted a picture of himself in hospital scrub. "My outfit for the day. The best outfit ill ever where. #bestdayofmylife," he beamed.
Allen married his high school sweetheart in September 2008. He announced his wife's pregnancy while recuperating from injuries he got in a car crash on New Year's Day. "Thank you, Ford, for equipping me with a car that kept my whole family and the little one we have on the way safe," he tweeted back then. "Yes, I got in a really bad wreck tonight, and yes, I'm having a lil baby."
Of entering fatherhood for the first time, the singer recently gushed, "I am really excited. I've always wanted to be a dad...[Katy has] already started buying him clothes like mine. He's already got some [fedoras]."
- MTV VMAs 2016: Drake Presents Rihanna With Video Vanguard Award
- MTV VMAs 2016: Jimmy Fallon Appears Onstage as Ryan Lochte, Throws Major Shade at Him
- MTV VMAs 2016: Beyonce Leads Full List of Winners With Six Trophies
- MTV VMAs 2016: Future Performs 'F**k Up Some Commas', Nick Jonas Brings 'Bacon'
- MTV VMAs 2016: Beyonce Reenacts 'Lemonade' Visuals, Britney Spears Slays 'Make Me'
- MTV VMAs 2016: Alicia Keys Goes Make Up Free as She Honors MLK With a Poem
- MTV VMAs 2016: Kanye West Debuts 'Fade' Music Video, Talks About Taylor Swift in Speech
- Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Not Married Despite That Ring on Her Finger