Kris Allen and Wife Katy Welcome Son Oliver
Congratulations are in order for Kris Allen and his wife Katy O'Donnell. The winner of "American Idol" season 8 officially becomes a father at 28. He is thrilled to announce that his first child was just born. "Happy Day!!!! My little stud was born today. Oliver is here people!" he tweeted Tuesday night, July 30.
"Little Oliver Neil Allen is here!" a rep reveals to Us Weekly. "He's 7 pounds, 7 ounces, 20 3/4 inches long. Mom and baby are doing great." The new dad additionally posted a picture of himself in hospital scrub. "My outfit for the day. The best outfit ill ever where. #bestdayofmylife," he beamed.
Allen married his high school sweetheart in September 2008. He announced his wife's pregnancy while recuperating from injuries he got in a car crash on New Year's Day. "Thank you, Ford, for equipping me with a car that kept my whole family and the little one we have on the way safe," he tweeted back then. "Yes, I got in a really bad wreck tonight, and yes, I'm having a lil baby."
Of entering fatherhood for the first time, the singer recently gushed, "I am really excited. I've always wanted to be a dad...[Katy has] already started buying him clothes like mine. He's already got some [fedoras]."
- Comic-Con: 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' Footage and 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Villain Revealed
- Leonardo DiCaprio Reunites With Nina Agdal After 'Caught Flirting' With Another Woman at His Gala
- Watch Henry Cavill Walk Around in Mask and Hilariously Prank Will Smith at Comic-Con
- Comic-Con: New 'Fantastic Beasts' Trailer Shows Newt Scamander Recapturing the Creatures
- Gwen Stefani's Son Kingston Sings Blake Shelton's Song While Face-Swapping With Him
- Comic-Con: Check Out Trailers for 'Flash' Season 3, 'Arrow' Season 5 and 'Legends' Season 2
- Refusing to Enter Rehab, Lamar Odom Walks Out of Family's Intervention
- Kristen Bell Shares First Photos From Her Wedding While Tearing Up Talking About Hubby Dax Shepard