Kris Allen and Wife Katy Welcome Son Oliver
Congratulations are in order for Kris Allen and his wife Katy O'Donnell. The winner of "American Idol" season 8 officially becomes a father at 28. He is thrilled to announce that his first child was just born. "Happy Day!!!! My little stud was born today. Oliver is here people!" he tweeted Tuesday night, July 30.
"Little Oliver Neil Allen is here!" a rep reveals to Us Weekly. "He's 7 pounds, 7 ounces, 20 3/4 inches long. Mom and baby are doing great." The new dad additionally posted a picture of himself in hospital scrub. "My outfit for the day. The best outfit ill ever where. #bestdayofmylife," he beamed.
Allen married his high school sweetheart in September 2008. He announced his wife's pregnancy while recuperating from injuries he got in a car crash on New Year's Day. "Thank you, Ford, for equipping me with a car that kept my whole family and the little one we have on the way safe," he tweeted back then. "Yes, I got in a really bad wreck tonight, and yes, I'm having a lil baby."
Of entering fatherhood for the first time, the singer recently gushed, "I am really excited. I've always wanted to be a dad...[Katy has] already started buying him clothes like mine. He's already got some [fedoras]."
- Leonardo DiCaprio Mingles With Bella Hadid in Cannes, Sparks Romance Rumors
- See Ben Affleck Hilariously Imitating Christian Bale's Batman for Red Nose Day
- Zayn Malik Regrets His 'Fifty Shades' Duet With Taylor Swift
- It's Official: Joy-Anna Duggar and Austin Forsyth Are Married - See Their Wedding Pic
- Scott Disick Caught Cozying Up to Another Woman After Spotted With Bella Thorne and Chloe Bartolli
- New Director Is Reportedly Eyed to Helm 'Justice League Dark'
- Bella Thorne Wants to Forget She Ever Met Scott Disick After He Ditched Her
- Kendall Jenner, Bella Hadid and More Recreate Iconic Supermodels Bathtub Photo