Tyler, the Creator Considers Retiring From Rap
Tyler, the Creator is just 22 years old, but he has already planned a retirement. In a recent interview with Italian music site Ptwschool.com, Tyler revealed that he wanted to invest his money in various ventures so he could quit rapping three years from now.
"Rap isn't even my f***in -I mean, I love it, but like that's not what I really draw a lot of inspiration from at all," he told the site. "I'm just trying to invest in sh*t, so I don't have to make music three years from now and I could be rich off of that. I am not kidding."
In the interview, Tyler also talked about why he didn't want pal Kanye West to make contribution to his single, "IFHY". The leader of Odd Future Wolf Gang Kill Them All explained that he didn't think the song was suitable for Kanye.
"Kanye is one of the only few people in this industry that I consider a friend. I'll probably talk to him once a week and we just -we both have a love for art and we hate a lot of the same stuff. So, I don't want people to think that's a diss or like a side hit when I said I denied him," Tyler said.
"It was just that I played him the album before it was finished and it was a song that he really, really liked on there and he really liked it a lot and he wanted to be on it or whatever. And the way I do features I specifically pick people for what they're featured on. And that song, it was nowhere where creative-wise where I thought he would fit on there," he added.
- Johnny Depp and Javier Bardem Officially Join Tom Cruise in Universal's Monster Film 'Dark Universe'
- Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt Are Ready to Start Co-Parenting Their 6 Kids
- Watch Lana Del Rey Get Cozy With The Weeknd in 'Lust for Life' Video
- Kylie Jenner Is 'Annoyed' That Ariel Winter Keeps Stealing Her Look
- Kris Jenner Wants Her Marriage With Caitlyn to Be Annulled
- The Chainsmokers Hints at Collaboration with BTS
- Super Junior Shows Off Strong Bond After Recent Meet-Up
- Burglar Hits Michael B. Jordan's Home, Walks Off With Cash and Jewelry