First Night of OVO Fest Canceled Due to Frank Ocean's Vocal Cord Injury
The opening night of Drake's annual OVO festival has been canceled due to headliner Frank Ocean's vocal cord injury. The unfortunate news was announced by promoter Live Nation on Tuesday, July 30. Tickets will be refunded for the first night of the festival that will be held at Molson Canadian Amphitheatre.
This year's OVO was supposed to run two days with Ocean and Drake headlining the annual music festival on Sunday, August 4, and Monday, August 5, respectively. James Blake, who was originally scheduled to perform on the same day as Ocean, is now set to join Drake and his special guests on the festival's day 2.
Last week, Ocean was forced to scrap the remaining dates of his sold-out Australian tour after doctors found a tear to one of his vocal cords. "It was necessary to seek medical advice due to vocal issues Frank Ocean experienced during the show," the concert promoter said in a statement.
"It has subsequently been confirmed that Frank has suffered a small tear to one of his vocal cords and has received medical advice that he must rest his voice," the statement continued.
Ocean's vocal issue also urged him to cancel his scheduled appearance at Australian music festival Splendour in the Grass last weekend. "We are totally gutted that Frank can't make it and we know that many of our patrons will be just as disappointed as we are," the festival organizers expressed their disappointment. "Our sympathies go to Frank for his illness and also because he's about to miss the best party of the year."
More Frank Ocean News
- Cashmere Cat Releases New Single 'Trust Nobody' Ft. Selena Gomez
- Rob Kardashian Regrets Tweeting Kylie Jenner's Number: 'It Was Miscommunication'
- Kristen Stewart Spooked by Ghost in 'Personal Shopper' Trailer
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Reach Temporary Custody Deal That Includes Family Counseling
- Fifth Harmony's Ally Brooke Falls After Ambushed by Fan on Stage
- Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds Welcome Their Second Child
- Producer Says Daniel Craig Is Still the 'First Choice' for Next James Bond Movie
- All One Directioners, Except Zayn Malik, Congratulate Niall Horan on His First Solo Single