First Night of OVO Fest Canceled Due to Frank Ocean's Vocal Cord Injury
The opening night of Drake's annual OVO festival has been canceled due to headliner Frank Ocean's vocal cord injury. The unfortunate news was announced by promoter Live Nation on Tuesday, July 30. Tickets will be refunded for the first night of the festival that will be held at Molson Canadian Amphitheatre.
This year's OVO was supposed to run two days with Ocean and Drake headlining the annual music festival on Sunday, August 4, and Monday, August 5, respectively. James Blake, who was originally scheduled to perform on the same day as Ocean, is now set to join Drake and his special guests on the festival's day 2.
Last week, Ocean was forced to scrap the remaining dates of his sold-out Australian tour after doctors found a tear to one of his vocal cords. "It was necessary to seek medical advice due to vocal issues Frank Ocean experienced during the show," the concert promoter said in a statement.
"It has subsequently been confirmed that Frank has suffered a small tear to one of his vocal cords and has received medical advice that he must rest his voice," the statement continued.
Ocean's vocal issue also urged him to cancel his scheduled appearance at Australian music festival Splendour in the Grass last weekend. "We are totally gutted that Frank can't make it and we know that many of our patrons will be just as disappointed as we are," the festival organizers expressed their disappointment. "Our sympathies go to Frank for his illness and also because he's about to miss the best party of the year."
More Frank Ocean News
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media