First Night of OVO Fest Canceled Due to Frank Ocean's Vocal Cord Injury
The opening night of Drake's annual OVO festival has been canceled due to headliner Frank Ocean's vocal cord injury. The unfortunate news was announced by promoter Live Nation on Tuesday, July 30. Tickets will be refunded for the first night of the festival that will be held at Molson Canadian Amphitheatre.
This year's OVO was supposed to run two days with Ocean and Drake headlining the annual music festival on Sunday, August 4, and Monday, August 5, respectively. James Blake, who was originally scheduled to perform on the same day as Ocean, is now set to join Drake and his special guests on the festival's day 2.
Last week, Ocean was forced to scrap the remaining dates of his sold-out Australian tour after doctors found a tear to one of his vocal cords. "It was necessary to seek medical advice due to vocal issues Frank Ocean experienced during the show," the concert promoter said in a statement.
"It has subsequently been confirmed that Frank has suffered a small tear to one of his vocal cords and has received medical advice that he must rest his voice," the statement continued.
Ocean's vocal issue also urged him to cancel his scheduled appearance at Australian music festival Splendour in the Grass last weekend. "We are totally gutted that Frank can't make it and we know that many of our patrons will be just as disappointed as we are," the festival organizers expressed their disappointment. "Our sympathies go to Frank for his illness and also because he's about to miss the best party of the year."
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance