The Wanted Accused of Drenching a Man With Champagne
The Wanted's members are accused of throwing champagne from their second-floor room to a passerby during a wild party at the Marylebone Hotel in London. The incident reportedly took place during Jay McGuiness' birthday celebration a few days ago. Dr Todd Swift, who claimed that he was drenched with champagne, called the police following the incident.
"What sort of example are they setting to their young fans? I came out of the gym and was walking down the street. Suddenly I was hit with a lot of liquid," Swift told The Sun. He added, "It was not, as the police claim, a glass of champagne. It was a lot of liquid. It went all over my hat, jacket, shirt and face. I looked up to the second floor and there were three young guys laughing at me. One of them said, 'P*** and beer, mate.' "
The Canadian-born poet and screenwriter also claimed that the partygoers verbally abused him. They allegedly called him Barack Obama because of his accent. McGuiness, Max George, Nathan Sykes, Tom Parker and Siva Kaneswaran, however, could dodge the law.
The police said that the boyband's members could not be charged because there were no sufficient evidences to support the allegation. "Police were called at around 12:20 P.M. on Thursday, July 25, to a report of a man having been verbally threatened and having had a liquid substance thrown over him at a hotel in Marylebone," a spokesperson for Scotland Yard said.
"Officers returned the next day, July 26, and spoke to the party identified. It was ascertained that a glass of champagne had been thrown, but there was no evidence of who, if anyone, had actually done this or been involved in any verbal altercation. The victim was informed that without any further evidence there were no further lines of enquiry to pursue," the spokesperson explained.
- Keri Russell and Matthew Rhys Welcome First Child
- Chris Brown Sued for Allegedly Stealing a Fan's Hat at Concert
- Listen to Previews of Justin Bieber's Remix of Drake's 'One Dance'
- Take a Look at Ciara's Exotic Vacation in Mexico With Russell Wilson and Son Future
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson's Daughter Impressed With His Tattoo
- Artist of the Week: Fifth Harmony
- Johnny Depp Is 'Blackmailed' by 'Manipulative' Amber Heard, Says Friend Doug Stanhope
- Kim Kardashian Shows Off Her Curves in Cleavage-Baring Dress During Lunch With Kanye West