New Teaser of 'Breaking Bad' Final Episodes: Walt Recites 'Ozymandias'
AMC has unveiled a new, poetic promo for the final episodes of "Breaking Bad". Hinting at Walter White's impending doom, the teaser features shots of desert landscape while Walter White is heard reciting Percy Bysshe Shelley's "Ozymandias".
The famous sonet tells of the inevitable decline of all leaders and of the empires they build. Part of it reads, "And on the pedestal these words appear: 'My name is Ozymandias, king of kings. Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!' Nothing beside remains. Round the decay. Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare. The lone and level sands stretch far away."
"Ozymandias" is also the title of the third to last episode directed by Rian Johnson. The final eight episodes of "Breaking Bad" will start airing Sunday, August 11 at 9 P.M. ET/PT on AMC. Charlie Rose recently let it slip that he would make a cameo in the penultimate episode.
More Breaking Bad News
- Watch Ed Sheeran Adorably Crash Katy Perry's Interview
- Neil Gaiman's 'American Gods' Finally Has Premiere Date
- 'Their Finest' New Trailer Conveys Warmth Amid WWII
- First Trailer for Netflix's 'Burning Sands' Features Black Fraternity Hazing
- Meghan Trainor Empowers Women on New Song 'I'm a Lady'
- 'Fargo' Murders Santa Claus in First Season 3 Teaser
- Kim Kardashian Suffers Nip Slip in Racy Corset Top
- 'The Walking Dead' Star Slams People Complaining of Racist T-Shirt