New Teaser of 'Breaking Bad' Final Episodes: Walt Recites 'Ozymandias'
AMC has unveiled a new, poetic promo for the final episodes of "Breaking Bad". Hinting at Walter White's impending doom, the teaser features shots of desert landscape while Walter White is heard reciting Percy Bysshe Shelley's "Ozymandias".
The famous sonet tells of the inevitable decline of all leaders and of the empires they build. Part of it reads, "And on the pedestal these words appear: 'My name is Ozymandias, king of kings. Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!' Nothing beside remains. Round the decay. Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare. The lone and level sands stretch far away."
"Ozymandias" is also the title of the third to last episode directed by Rian Johnson. The final eight episodes of "Breaking Bad" will start airing Sunday, August 11 at 9 P.M. ET/PT on AMC. Charlie Rose recently let it slip that he would make a cameo in the penultimate episode.
- Kate Winslet Opens Up About Being Fat-Shamed as a Child: 'They Called Me Blubber'
- Justin Bieber and Koutney Kardashian Secretly Hooking Up in 'Love Nest'
- First Possible 'Marvel's Defenders' Art Promo and Logo Arrive Online
- Baby Before Marriage? Gwen Stefani and Blake Shelton Reportedly Expecting Their First Child
- 'DWTS' Pair Sharna Burgess and Bonner Bolton Fuel Dating Rumors With Flirty Night Out
- Meet Anthony Hopkins' Sidekick in New 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Motion Posters
- Kevin Hart Creates Dimwitted Superhero in First Trailer for 'Captain Underpants'
- Drake Getting Sade's Face Tattooed on His Rib Amid Dating Rumors