New Teaser of 'Breaking Bad' Final Episodes: Walt Recites 'Ozymandias'
AMC has unveiled a new, poetic promo for the final episodes of "Breaking Bad". Hinting at Walter White's impending doom, the teaser features shots of desert landscape while Walter White is heard reciting Percy Bysshe Shelley's "Ozymandias".
The famous sonet tells of the inevitable decline of all leaders and of the empires they build. Part of it reads, "And on the pedestal these words appear: 'My name is Ozymandias, king of kings. Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!' Nothing beside remains. Round the decay. Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare. The lone and level sands stretch far away."
"Ozymandias" is also the title of the third to last episode directed by Rian Johnson. The final eight episodes of "Breaking Bad" will start airing Sunday, August 11 at 9 P.M. ET/PT on AMC. Charlie Rose recently let it slip that he would make a cameo in the penultimate episode.
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'