'Glee' Stars Fund Arts Scholarship in Honor of Cory Monteith
To honor their co-star Cory Monteith who died earlier this month, "Glee" stars Jane Lynch (Sue), Darren Criss (Blaine), Jenna Ushkowitz (Tina), and Harry Shum Jr. (Mike) funded a scholarship in the name of the late actor. The arts scholarship will be awarded through the Dance Educators of America, a non-profit professional dance organization.
"Thanks, Cory, we love you," Adam Shankman said after announcing the scholarship. The "So You Think You Can Dance" judge, who has directed several episodes of Monteith's hit TV series, broke the heartwarming news during the gala for dance charity Dizzy Feet Foundation.
Monteith died from the lethal combination of heroin and alcohol on July 13 at the Fairmont Pacific Rim Hotel while in Vancouver visiting his mom. The "Glee" cast was shocked over the news of his untimely death, most especially her co-star and real-life girlfriend Lea Michele who was reportedly "devastated beyond belief" upon learning about Monteith's demise.
For the first time, more than two weeks after the tragic loss, Michele finally broke her silence with a tweet on Monday. "Thank you all for helping me through this time with your enormous love & support. Cory will forever be in my heart," the actress posted on Twitter along with a photo of herself and Monteith in a loving embrace while on the beach.
Monteith's character on "Glee", Finn, will not be re-cast but instead will be killed off, with changes to the storyline causing some slight delay in the filming of the series' forthcoming fifth season.
More Cory Monteith News
- Louis Tomlinson Blasts Media, Asks Them to Respect Son's Privacy Amid Custody Battle
- Iggy Azalea Receives Flowers From Nick Young's Teammate D'Angelo Russell After Breakup?
- Daniel Radcliffe Plays Corpse on Red Carpet of 'Swiss Army Man' Premiere
- Matthew McConaughey Could Be Your Teacher. Actor Is Going to Teach at University of Texas
- Drake 'Never Stops' Loving Rihanna
- 'Underworld: Blood Wars' Release Date Is Pushed Back to 2017
- Amber Rose on Kanye West's 'Famous': 'I've Worked My F***ing Ass Off'
- Kris Jenner, 60, Is Reportedly Trying for Another Baby