Producer: Tara Reid Is Invited Back for 'Sharknado' Sequel
After Syfy debunked TMZ's report that Tara Reid wouldn't be asked back for "Sharknado 2", production company The Asylum and producer David Latt release stronger denials. The Asylum tweeted on Sunday night, July 28, "For the record, @TaraReid is awesome and was great to work with in #SHARKNADO. We'd be lucky to have her back for the sequel. That is all!"
Latt then told The Hollywood Reporter, "The short answer is: Nope. Tara is invited back." He added, "Syfy and The Asylum love Ian, Tara, Cassie [and] EVERYONE. Hopefully she'll [Reid] be the one turning us down because this bizarre film gives her -- and the rest of the cast -- some great opportunities, and therefore [she will be] unavailable."
"Despite all of the rumors and tabloid stories, Tara was great to work with. She showed up to play. Knew her lines. Was into this crazy, silly film. No drama. No diva. ... She was great and we would be lucky to have her in S2."
Reid herself has taken to Twitter to respond to the false report. "There is no script for sharknado 2 until i read it then i will make a decision but everyone that is saying i got cut that is not true#liars," she wrote.
Syfy gave a go to "Sharknado" sequel just a week after the original film became a social media hit. Reid played Ian Ziering's on-screen estranged wife.
Details of the project are very scarce, but Syfy executive vp programming and original movies Thomas Vitale once teased, "The fans are clamoring for a sequel. Or perhaps it will be a prequel. What we can guarantee is that 'Sharknado 2' will be lots of fun."
- DJ Khaled and Fiancee Nicole Tuck Welcome Baby Boy
- Benedict Cumberbatch and Solange Knowles Set to Make 'SNL' Debut
- Britney Spears Almost Flashes Her Breasts During On-Stage Wardrobe Malfunction
- 'Jessica Jones' Season 2 Will Be Directed Entirely by Women
- Taylor Swift Sings Calvin Harris' Song During Her Return to Stage at Formula 1 Concert
- Miley Cyrus and Katy Perry Go Door to Door for Hillary Clinton at College Dorms
- Watch: Lady GaGa Performs 'Joanne' Songs on 'SNL'
- Tom Hanks Plays 'Black Jeopardy' as Donald Trump's Supporter on 'SNL'