First Look: Bradley Cooper, Amy Adams and Christian Bale Go Retro for 'American Hustle'
"American Hustle", David O. Russell's upcoming drama that is based on a true story of an FBI's 1980 undercover sting operation called Abscam, has debuted first official images via USA Today. The retro vibe is clearly evident in the two images as cast members featured in them stun in their vintage looks.
Christian Bale who stars as the notorious financial con artist Irving Rosenfeld is pictured with Bradley Cooper in the first pic and his on-screen mistress Amy Adams in the other one. While the "Man of Steel" actress flaunts her beauty in a plunging v-neck dress, the "Limitless" actor is seen rocking curly hair that, as Russell reveals, is "not a perm, just for the record."
Formerly known as "American Bullshit", the pic follows Bale's character and Adams' who are forced to work with an out of control federal agent, played by Cooper, to turn the tables on other con artists, mobsters, and politicians.
At the epicenter of the entire tale is the passionate and volatile leader of the New Jersey state assembly, who is also the local hero and mayor of impoverished Camden.
Jennifer Lawrence will show up as Bale's "loose cannon of a Long Island house wife." Robert De Niro and Jeremy Renner are also featured in the movie, which will hit select theaters on December 13 before going wide on Christmas Day.
- Justin Bieber Turns Down $5M Offer to Perform at RNC
- You Won't Believe How Much Mila Kunis Spent on Her Wedding Ring
- Matt Damon Fights Monsters in Epic Trailer for 'The Great Wall'
- 'Sesame Street' Fires Three Longtime Cast Members
- Find Out Which Joe Jonas' Famous Exes He Would Like to 'Shag, Marry and Kill'
- Cameron Diaz and Benji Madden's Baby Struggles Reportedly Cause Marriage Problems
- Andrew Garfield Is World War II Hero in First 'Hacksaw Ridge' Trailer
- 'Scream Queens' Adds Jerry O'Connell in Mystery Role