Prince Charles Says Prince George Will Be Called 'Georgie'
Prince Charles gave updates on his grandson Prince George as he visited the Whitstable Oyster Festival in Kent, England on Monday, July 29, with his wife Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall. During the event, the first-time grandfather told locals that he liked the name George.
According to Prince Charles, George is a "very good name." However, he said that the little prince would be "known as Georgie in no time." Prince Charles' grandfather, King George VI, was called Georgie by his family.
Teacher Nicki Wray from Nottingham told Daily Mirror of her brief exchange with the prince, "I just caught his eye and said, 'congratulations grandad, you must be so pleased.' He said 'yes, we are, pleased as punch.' " Talking to other guests, Prince Charles said that his baby grandson was "very loud," but "wonderful."
Well-wishers showered Prince Charles and wife with gifts for Prince George. One of the presents was a yellow t-shirt with an oyster picture on the chest. Prince Charles and wife also received a red Welsh dragon toy.
Kate Middleton gave birth to Prince George on Monday, July 22 at the St. Mary's hospital in London. The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge introduced their bundle of joy the next day as they left the hospital. More pictures of Prince George with his parents are expected to be released next week. The pictures probably will be taken in the Duchess family's house in Bucklebury, instead of Kensington Palace.
- Lisa Marie Presley's Kids in State Custody After Indecent Child Pics Found on Ex's Computer
- Samuel L. Jackson Hints at Nick Fury's Appearance in 'Captain Marvel'
- Aaron Carter Responds to Racism Accusation After Onstage Brawl
- Angelina Jolie Takes Her 6 Kids to Cambodia Amid Brad Pitt Divorce and Custody Drama
- Zoe Saldana Gives Birth to Baby No. 3 With Marco Perego
- Royal Showdown! Kate Middleton Reportedly Feuding With Meghan Markle
- Camila Cabello Is 'Dying' to Enlist Taylor Swift for Debut Solo Album
- Donald Glover to Play Simba in 'The Lion King' Remake