Prince Charles Says Prince George Will Be Called 'Georgie'
Prince Charles gave updates on his grandson Prince George as he visited the Whitstable Oyster Festival in Kent, England on Monday, July 29, with his wife Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall. During the event, the first-time grandfather told locals that he liked the name George.
According to Prince Charles, George is a "very good name." However, he said that the little prince would be "known as Georgie in no time." Prince Charles' grandfather, King George VI, was called Georgie by his family.
Teacher Nicki Wray from Nottingham told Daily Mirror of her brief exchange with the prince, "I just caught his eye and said, 'congratulations grandad, you must be so pleased.' He said 'yes, we are, pleased as punch.' " Talking to other guests, Prince Charles said that his baby grandson was "very loud," but "wonderful."
Well-wishers showered Prince Charles and wife with gifts for Prince George. One of the presents was a yellow t-shirt with an oyster picture on the chest. Prince Charles and wife also received a red Welsh dragon toy.
Kate Middleton gave birth to Prince George on Monday, July 22 at the St. Mary's hospital in London. The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge introduced their bundle of joy the next day as they left the hospital. More pictures of Prince George with his parents are expected to be released next week. The pictures probably will be taken in the Duchess family's house in Bucklebury, instead of Kensington Palace.
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery
- Kim Zolciak Criticized for Posting Inappropriate Photo of 2-Year-Old Daughter Kaia
- New 'Game of Thrones' Photos Confirm the Highly Anticipated Meet-Up
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Steps Out in Full Islamic Dress
- Charlie Puth Cancels the Rest of His Tour Dates Because He's 'Extremely Sick'
- Chris Hemsworth Shoots Down Split Reports With Cheeky Instagram Post
- Kim Kardashian Said She Could 'Handle' Social Media Days Before She Got Robbed