PSY Only Stops Drinking When He's 'Hungover'
Rapper PSY opens up about alcohol use and his father in an interview with U.K.'s The Sunday Times. The singer who is famous for his catchy tunes and flashy stage costumes tells the news outlet that he drinks alcohol regardless of his moods.
The Korean singer explains, "If I'm happy, I'm drinking, if I'm sad, I'm drinking. If it's raining, I'm drinking, if it's sunny, I'm drinking. If it's hot, I'm drinking, if it's cold, I'm drinking." The only time he takes a break from gulping down alcoholic drink is "when I'm hungover," adding that it happens "a lot."
According to the article, the 35-year-old sensation calls Korean vodka his "best friend" and "vice partner." Although the liquor appears to be his favorite, PSY also likes "whisky, vodka, tequila, whatever." The article adds that the "Gangnam Style" hitmaker "drinks all day and all night."
In addition to alcohol-related topic, the singer whose real name is Park Jae-Sang also opens up about his experience in jail as well as abusive father. PSY was arrested in 2001 because of marijuana possession.
"I was 23, in my first year as artist. I went to jail for 25, 26 days. Spending that kind of period [in jail] is not good, especially as a member of my family. But as an artist, the more experience, the better the creation. I'm a very positive person. So if shit happens, I think maybe this happens because a huge amount of happiness is coming to me," he elaborates.
Concerning his father, the singer feels that there is "huge barrier between us." He wrote a song about his relationship with his father, who was said to have "carried on hitting him even as an adult," and his father's "loneliness" in 2006. The singer's mother later told him that her husband would try to be a better father for him.
PSY's popularity soared after releasing "Gangnam Style" in 2012. Its music video is the most-watched video of all time in YouTube after exceeding 1 billion view in December the same year.
- Selena Gomez and The Weeknd Go for a Date Night in Paris as Bella Hadid Parties Just Blocks Away
- Keyshia Cole Punishes Cheating Boyfriend in 'You' Music Video Ft. Remy Ma and French Montana
- Vera Farmiga Set to Star as Millie Bobby Brown's On-Screen Mother in 'Godzilla 2'
- Lorde Teases Upcoming Music With Mysterious Ad
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Premiere: Gwen Stefani Returns as Coach and Wins the First Four-Way Battle
- J Balvin, Camila Cabello and Pitbull Tease New Track 'Hey Ma' on Instagram
- An Alleged Sex Tape of Trey Songz Leaks Online Amid Nicki Minaj and Remy Ma's Beef
- Emma Stone Says the Oscars Blunder Was One of the Most Horrible Moments of Her Life