PSY Only Stops Drinking When He's 'Hungover'
Rapper PSY opens up about alcohol use and his father in an interview with U.K.'s The Sunday Times. The singer who is famous for his catchy tunes and flashy stage costumes tells the news outlet that he drinks alcohol regardless of his moods.
The Korean singer explains, "If I'm happy, I'm drinking, if I'm sad, I'm drinking. If it's raining, I'm drinking, if it's sunny, I'm drinking. If it's hot, I'm drinking, if it's cold, I'm drinking." The only time he takes a break from gulping down alcoholic drink is "when I'm hungover," adding that it happens "a lot."
According to the article, the 35-year-old sensation calls Korean vodka his "best friend" and "vice partner." Although the liquor appears to be his favorite, PSY also likes "whisky, vodka, tequila, whatever." The article adds that the "Gangnam Style" hitmaker "drinks all day and all night."
In addition to alcohol-related topic, the singer whose real name is Park Jae-Sang also opens up about his experience in jail as well as abusive father. PSY was arrested in 2001 because of marijuana possession.
"I was 23, in my first year as artist. I went to jail for 25, 26 days. Spending that kind of period [in jail] is not good, especially as a member of my family. But as an artist, the more experience, the better the creation. I'm a very positive person. So if shit happens, I think maybe this happens because a huge amount of happiness is coming to me," he elaborates.
Concerning his father, the singer feels that there is "huge barrier between us." He wrote a song about his relationship with his father, who was said to have "carried on hitting him even as an adult," and his father's "loneliness" in 2006. The singer's mother later told him that her husband would try to be a better father for him.
PSY's popularity soared after releasing "Gangnam Style" in 2012. Its music video is the most-watched video of all time in YouTube after exceeding 1 billion view in December the same year.
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery
- Kim Zolciak Criticized for Posting Inappropriate Photo of 2-Year-Old Daughter Kaia
- New 'Game of Thrones' Photos Confirm the Highly Anticipated Meet-Up
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Steps Out in Full Islamic Dress
- Charlie Puth Cancels the Rest of His Tour Dates Because He's 'Extremely Sick'
- Chris Hemsworth Shoots Down Split Reports With Cheeky Instagram Post
- Kim Kardashian Said She Could 'Handle' Social Media Days Before She Got Robbed