Hillary Rodham Clinton Documentary in the Works With 'Inside Job' Helmer
Another Hillary Rodham Clinton pic is being developed. CNN Films announces that a feature-length documentary about the former First Lady and Secretary of State is in the works at the studio. The currently-unnamed movie is slated to open theatrically in 2014 before airing on the cable news network.
Oscar winner Charles Ferguson, who directed a 2010 doc about the late-2000s financial crisis entitled "Inside Job", is hired to serve behind the lens. "I am very excited to be making a film about Hillary Rodham Clinton, whose fascinating life and work embody so many of America's, and the world's, hopes and challenges," he says in a statement.
Ferguson, whose credits include "No End in Sight" which takes a look at the Bush Administration's conduct of the Iraq war, adds, "I am delighted and extremely grateful that CNN Films has given me this remarkable opportunity."
The announcement comes two days after NBC revealed it would produce a four-hour miniseries based on the one-time senator with "Man of Steel" actress Diane Lane as the leading lady.
Another title with the same subject, "Rodham", has been set with "The Spectacular Now" director James Ponsoldt. Several high-profile actresses have been linked to the coveted role, including Carey Mulligan who eventually turned down the offer because she was "not prepared to commit to the role at this time."
- Find Out How Jaden Smith Tricked His Dad Will Smith Into Letting Him Drink on His Birthday
- Jean-Claude Van Damme Walks Out of TV Interview After Reporter Asks This Question
- Matt Damon Will Take a Break From Acting Next Year
- Kanye West Launches Twitter Rants About Apple and Tidal Beef
- Tyler Posey Clarifies 'I Am Gay' Snapchat Video, Apologizes for Fake Coming Out
- Nick Jonas Offered $2 Million to Perform at RNC
- Director Paul Feig Slams Sony for Deleting 'Ghostbusters' Pro-Hillary Tweet
- 'Game of Thrones' Set to End With Season 8, Spin-Off Plan Confirmed