Hillary Rodham Clinton Documentary in the Works With 'Inside Job' Helmer
Another Hillary Rodham Clinton pic is being developed. CNN Films announces that a feature-length documentary about the former First Lady and Secretary of State is in the works at the studio. The currently-unnamed movie is slated to open theatrically in 2014 before airing on the cable news network.
Oscar winner Charles Ferguson, who directed a 2010 doc about the late-2000s financial crisis entitled "Inside Job", is hired to serve behind the lens. "I am very excited to be making a film about Hillary Rodham Clinton, whose fascinating life and work embody so many of America's, and the world's, hopes and challenges," he says in a statement.
Ferguson, whose credits include "No End in Sight" which takes a look at the Bush Administration's conduct of the Iraq war, adds, "I am delighted and extremely grateful that CNN Films has given me this remarkable opportunity."
The announcement comes two days after NBC revealed it would produce a four-hour miniseries based on the one-time senator with "Man of Steel" actress Diane Lane as the leading lady.
Another title with the same subject, "Rodham", has been set with "The Spectacular Now" director James Ponsoldt. Several high-profile actresses have been linked to the coveted role, including Carey Mulligan who eventually turned down the offer because she was "not prepared to commit to the role at this time."
- Amanda Seyfried and Husband Thomas Sadoski Welcome Their First Child
- Orlando Bloom's Holiday Companion Kristy Hinze Suffers Nip Slip in St. Barts
- Iggy Azalea Twerks All Over Hong Kong in 'Mo Bounce' Music Video
- Wonder Woman and Cyborg Unleash Their Powers in 'Justice League' New Teasers
- Kanye West Is Spoiling Kim Kardashian With Jewelries, but She 'Won't Wear Any of It'
- Topless Bella Thorne Channels Marilyn Monroe in Sultry Pic
- Kim Kardashian Is Blamed for 'Keeping Up with the Kardashians' Rating Flop
- Baby Groot Angrily Kills Ravager in New 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' Teaser