Hillary Rodham Clinton Documentary in the Works With 'Inside Job' Helmer
Another Hillary Rodham Clinton pic is being developed. CNN Films announces that a feature-length documentary about the former First Lady and Secretary of State is in the works at the studio. The currently-unnamed movie is slated to open theatrically in 2014 before airing on the cable news network.
Oscar winner Charles Ferguson, who directed a 2010 doc about the late-2000s financial crisis entitled "Inside Job", is hired to serve behind the lens. "I am very excited to be making a film about Hillary Rodham Clinton, whose fascinating life and work embody so many of America's, and the world's, hopes and challenges," he says in a statement.
Ferguson, whose credits include "No End in Sight" which takes a look at the Bush Administration's conduct of the Iraq war, adds, "I am delighted and extremely grateful that CNN Films has given me this remarkable opportunity."
The announcement comes two days after NBC revealed it would produce a four-hour miniseries based on the one-time senator with "Man of Steel" actress Diane Lane as the leading lady.
Another title with the same subject, "Rodham", has been set with "The Spectacular Now" director James Ponsoldt. Several high-profile actresses have been linked to the coveted role, including Carey Mulligan who eventually turned down the offer because she was "not prepared to commit to the role at this time."
- Lindsay Lohan Is Facing Bankruptcy After Failing to Pay Rent on $4.2M London Flat
- Kanye West Shares Emotional Throwback Video of Kim Kardashian on Her 36th Birthday
- Anne Hathaway Admits She Faked Happiness During Her 2013 Oscar Win
- 'Real Housewives of Miami' Star Larsa Splits From Husband Scottie Pippen Amid Future Romance Rumor
- Former Bachelorette Desiree Hartsock Gives Birth to Baby Boy
- Jennifer Lawrence to Lead Zelda Fitzgerald Biopic
- Kim Kardashian's Family Shares Throwbacks and Birthday Wishes as She Turns 36
- Chris Pratt to Return to TV as Guest Star on His Wife Anna Faris' 'Mom'