Basketball Player Daniel Gibson Turns Himself In for Battery
Daniel Gibson, the husband of R&B singer Keyshia Cole, has been charged with second degree battery and assault following an altercation which took place earlier this month. The former Cleveland Cavaliars player allegedly punched a man and consequently broke his jaw. He turned himself into the New Orleans Police Department on Monday, July 29.
The basketball player has released a statement to TMZ after reports of his arrest emerged. "Earlier this month during the Essence Music Festival, I was involved in an incident with other individuals while I was out with my wife," the 27-year-old athlete explained.
"It's unfortunate that some see opportunity in taking advantage of people who work hard for what they have achieved," he said of the incident. The athlete, who admitted that he took pride of being role model to his child and other children, added, "Once all the facts of the incident come out, I expect to be fully vindicated."
According to the police, Gibson was accused of breaking a man's jaw during an altercation which took place on July 8. Officials said that the fight apparently happened as a result of verbal argument. Reports suggested that Gibson lost his cool after the man insulted Cole in profane way. He was booked on 2nd degree battery, but released on Monday at 1:09 A.M. local time.
Cole, who collaborated with Lil Wayne for "Enough for No Love", got married to the professional basketball player in 2011. The pair are parents to a 3-year-old boy, Daniel.
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby