Ariana Grande Channels Mariah Carey in 'Baby I' Video Shoot
The comparisons to Mariah Carey have been piling up since Ariana Grande dropped a cover of the pop/R'n'B diva's hit "Emotions", and it's bound to continue judging from the photos from her latest video shoot for her new single "Baby I". The 20-year-old singer channels the diva not just vocally but also visually on the set of her upcoming music video for the recently-released song.
Wearing jean shorts with black high heels and pairing them with a white bra top in some shots and in the others, in a multi-color, sequined corset top, Grande shows look that reminiscent of Carey's ensemble in her '90s "Dreamlover" clip. Giving her some inspiration and an occasional hug and kiss on the set is her Australian boyfriend Jai Brooks.
"Baby I", co-produced by ten-time Grammy Award-winning R'n'B musician Babyface, serves as the follow-up single to Grande's debut song "The Way". Both songs, which will appear on her forthcoming album "Yours Truly" due to arrive on September 3, showcase her wide vocal range in the sphere known only previously to Carey.
"The Way", released back in March, is now a Top 40 hit and has already entered iTunes' top 20, and its music video has already gotten around 67 million views on YouTube. "Baby I" is expected to duplicate that success to make "Yours Truly" an even more eagerly-awaited debut album among her fans.
Ariana Grande's "Baby I" Lyric Video:
More Ariana Grande News
- Justin Bieber Exposes His Upper Thighs During Outing
- Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis Name Newborn Baby Boy Dimitri
- John Cena and Casey Affleck Tapped to Host 'SNL'
- Anna Faris Admits She Felt 'Insecure' and 'So Hurt' Over Chris Pratt Cheating Rumors
- Amy Schumer to Play Lead Role in 'Barbie' Live-Action Movie
- Megyn Kelly Courted by CNN for 8 or 9 P.M. Time Slots
- Check Out First Look at Anne Hathaway on Set of 'Ocean's Eight'
- 'Full House' Creator Buys Original Tanner House in San Francisco for $4M