Justin Long and Octavia Spencer Join CBS' New Comedy 'Mom'
Justin Long is coming to another TV show after romancing Zooey Deschanel on "New Girl" inaugural season. The "Going the Distance" actor lands a recurring role on CBS' upcoming comedy "Mom", created by Chuck Lorre.
Lorre dropped the news at the Television Critics Association summer press tour on Monday, July 27. "There's going to be a love interest [for Anna Faris' character] played by Justin Long -- that's going to come up in the first few episodes," he announced. "Poor bastard doesn't know what he's in for. He's going to be her first shot at a meaningful relationship."
The show has billed another big star, Oscar-winning actress Octavia Spencer, as a guest star. Lore revealed, "Octavia is coming to the show as well in the fourth or fifth episode. She's playing a woman who it turns out has bigger problems than Christy [Faris] so that Christy gets some perspective."
Spencer, who also earned a Golden Globe Award for her role in "The Help", later took to Twitter to share her excitement. "Ha! Faris, Janney & entire cast R brilliant. Writing, brilliant. I had Lorre in a bear hug til he promised he'd put me on! #Mom," she wrote.
To premiere Monday, September 23, "Mom" centers on Anna Faris' Christy, a newly sober single mom who struggles to raise two children in a world full of temptations and pitfalls. Testing her sobriety is her formerly estranged mother Bonnie (Allison Janney), now back in Christy's life and eager to share passive-aggressive insights into her daughter's many mistakes.
More Mom News
- Bye 'KUWTK'! Kim Kardashian Is Focusing on Her New Show 'Glam Masters'
- Report: Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Are Getting Serious
- Selena Gomez and The Weeknd Are Spotted on Movie Date in Chicago
- Mac Miller Wants to Cancel His Tour to Be by Ariana Grande's Side After Concert Bombing
- 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi' New Vanity Fair Covers Offer New Look at Cast Members
- Jennifer Lopez Shares Sweet Picture With Alex Rodriguez, Dubs Him Her Man Crush
- Jimmy Kimmel Predicts Rachel Lindsay's 'The Bachelorette' Final 3
- Rain and Kim Tae Hee Are Expecting Their First Child