Justin Long and Octavia Spencer Join CBS' New Comedy 'Mom'
Justin Long is coming to another TV show after romancing Zooey Deschanel on "New Girl" inaugural season. The "Going the Distance" actor lands a recurring role on CBS' upcoming comedy "Mom", created by Chuck Lorre.
Lorre dropped the news at the Television Critics Association summer press tour on Monday, July 27. "There's going to be a love interest [for Anna Faris' character] played by Justin Long -- that's going to come up in the first few episodes," he announced. "Poor bastard doesn't know what he's in for. He's going to be her first shot at a meaningful relationship."
The show has billed another big star, Oscar-winning actress Octavia Spencer, as a guest star. Lore revealed, "Octavia is coming to the show as well in the fourth or fifth episode. She's playing a woman who it turns out has bigger problems than Christy [Faris] so that Christy gets some perspective."
Spencer, who also earned a Golden Globe Award for her role in "The Help", later took to Twitter to share her excitement. "Ha! Faris, Janney & entire cast R brilliant. Writing, brilliant. I had Lorre in a bear hug til he promised he'd put me on! #Mom," she wrote.
To premiere Monday, September 23, "Mom" centers on Anna Faris' Christy, a newly sober single mom who struggles to raise two children in a world full of temptations and pitfalls. Testing her sobriety is her formerly estranged mother Bonnie (Allison Janney), now back in Christy's life and eager to share passive-aggressive insights into her daughter's many mistakes.
More Mom News
- Amber Heard and Elon Musk Have Been a Couple for 'a While,' and He 'Is Very Attentive' to Her
- Hailey Baldwin Risks Nip Slip as She Goes Braless on Instagram
- Aaron Hernandez's Male Prison Lover Is Allegedly Revealed, Lawyer Denies Gay Rumor
- Colin Firth Returns in Awesome First Trailer for 'Kingsman: The Golden Circle'
- Keke Palmer Flaunts Nipple Piercings as She Parties in Skintight Dress
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Step Out for Lunch Date After She Dishes on Their First Date on 'Ellen'
- Snoop Dogg Unveils Cover Art of New Album 'Neva Left'
- Serena Williams Pens Touching Love Note to Her Unborn Child