Justin Long and Octavia Spencer Join CBS' New Comedy 'Mom'
Justin Long is coming to another TV show after romancing Zooey Deschanel on "New Girl" inaugural season. The "Going the Distance" actor lands a recurring role on CBS' upcoming comedy "Mom", created by Chuck Lorre.
Lorre dropped the news at the Television Critics Association summer press tour on Monday, July 27. "There's going to be a love interest [for Anna Faris' character] played by Justin Long -- that's going to come up in the first few episodes," he announced. "Poor bastard doesn't know what he's in for. He's going to be her first shot at a meaningful relationship."
The show has billed another big star, Oscar-winning actress Octavia Spencer, as a guest star. Lore revealed, "Octavia is coming to the show as well in the fourth or fifth episode. She's playing a woman who it turns out has bigger problems than Christy [Faris] so that Christy gets some perspective."
Spencer, who also earned a Golden Globe Award for her role in "The Help", later took to Twitter to share her excitement. "Ha! Faris, Janney & entire cast R brilliant. Writing, brilliant. I had Lorre in a bear hug til he promised he'd put me on! #Mom," she wrote.
To premiere Monday, September 23, "Mom" centers on Anna Faris' Christy, a newly sober single mom who struggles to raise two children in a world full of temptations and pitfalls. Testing her sobriety is her formerly estranged mother Bonnie (Allison Janney), now back in Christy's life and eager to share passive-aggressive insights into her daughter's many mistakes.
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby
- Mama June Feels 'Like Frankenstein' After Skin Removal Surgery. Is She Giving Up?
- Blake Shelton and Gwen Stefani 'Torn Apart' by Her 'Flirtation' With 'The Voice' Contestant
- Katy Perry Reportedly Still Loves John Mayer. Will They Rekindle Their Romance?
- Trey Songz Slams Nicki Minaj: She Ain't Had S**t Before Me
- Han Solo Movie Adds 'Sing Street' Star Ian Kenny