Jayma Mays Confirms Exit From 'Glee'
Jayma Mays is indeed leaving "Glee". The actress who plays Emma Pillsbury on the FOX hit musical series confirmed the news herself when hitting the red carpet at the premiere event of her new movie "The Smurfs 2" in California. "This is going to be my last season," she spilled to Access Hollywood.
Mays plays Matthew Morrison's on-screen love interest on the show. Co-workers at the William McKinley High, they tied the knot on the finale of the last season. It's unclear how her character would get written off. "I'm finishing up this season, so I'm not sure what direction and who's coming on and who's not," she said.
Her exit from "Glee" came on heels of her casting on CBS' new sitcom "The Millers". She has been tapped to portray Will Arnett's on-screen sister, Debbie, who was initially set to be played by Mary Elizabeth Ellis. "We start up in a couple weeks!" she enthused about her new gig.
Coming from "My Name Is Earl" creator, the multi-camera project will premiere September 27 after "The Big Bang Theory". It's supported by Margo Martindale and Beau Bridges who will bring complications into Arnett's life as his feuding parents.
Though she got a new job elsewhere, Mays said she would love to return on "Glee" as a guest.
- Watch Benedict Cumberbatch's Full Performance With Pink Floyd's David Gilmour at London Concert
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Reportedly 'Living Separate Lives' Before Split
- What Breakup? Rob Kardashian Snapchats Blac Chyna's Belly Amid Baby Shower Drama
- 'NCIS' Showrunner Gary Glasberg Dies in His Sleep, the Show 'Will Not Be the Same Without Him'
- Idris Elba Teams Up With Pickpocket to Take on Terrorists in New 'The Take' Trailer
- Arrow Meets Supergirl in New Teaser of Upcoming Crossover
- Benedict Cumberbatch Interviews Tom Hiddleston and Refuses to Ask Him About Taylor Swift
- Kim Kardashian's Prankster Attacked Her Because She's So Fake