Jayma Mays Confirms Exit From 'Glee'
Jayma Mays is indeed leaving "Glee". The actress who plays Emma Pillsbury on the FOX hit musical series confirmed the news herself when hitting the red carpet at the premiere event of her new movie "The Smurfs 2" in California. "This is going to be my last season," she spilled to Access Hollywood.
Mays plays Matthew Morrison's on-screen love interest on the show. Co-workers at the William McKinley High, they tied the knot on the finale of the last season. It's unclear how her character would get written off. "I'm finishing up this season, so I'm not sure what direction and who's coming on and who's not," she said.
Her exit from "Glee" came on heels of her casting on CBS' new sitcom "The Millers". She has been tapped to portray Will Arnett's on-screen sister, Debbie, who was initially set to be played by Mary Elizabeth Ellis. "We start up in a couple weeks!" she enthused about her new gig.
Coming from "My Name Is Earl" creator, the multi-camera project will premiere September 27 after "The Big Bang Theory". It's supported by Margo Martindale and Beau Bridges who will bring complications into Arnett's life as his feuding parents.
Though she got a new job elsewhere, Mays said she would love to return on "Glee" as a guest.
- Kylie Jenner Wraps Her Body With Real Snake in Sneak Peek of Sexy 2017 Calendar
- Lady GaGa Shares Kindness With the Help of Taylor Kinney and Her Mom
- Shia LaBeouf Unleashes New Freestyle in Response to Soulja Boy's Threats
- Nicki Minaj Gets Heavily Criticized for Making Fun of Mentally Ill Woman
- 'The Mummy' Director on Whether Tom Cruise's Character Dies in the First Trailer
- 'Westworld' Showrunners Address Evil Dolores and Ford's Fate
- Justin Bieber Announces 2017 U.S. Stadium Tour Dates
- Blac Chyna Seems to Diss Kylie Jenner and Tyga on Snapchat. Is This Khloe's Response?