Jayma Mays Confirms Exit From 'Glee'
Jayma Mays is indeed leaving "Glee". The actress who plays Emma Pillsbury on the FOX hit musical series confirmed the news herself when hitting the red carpet at the premiere event of her new movie "The Smurfs 2" in California. "This is going to be my last season," she spilled to Access Hollywood.
Mays plays Matthew Morrison's on-screen love interest on the show. Co-workers at the William McKinley High, they tied the knot on the finale of the last season. It's unclear how her character would get written off. "I'm finishing up this season, so I'm not sure what direction and who's coming on and who's not," she said.
Her exit from "Glee" came on heels of her casting on CBS' new sitcom "The Millers". She has been tapped to portray Will Arnett's on-screen sister, Debbie, who was initially set to be played by Mary Elizabeth Ellis. "We start up in a couple weeks!" she enthused about her new gig.
Coming from "My Name Is Earl" creator, the multi-camera project will premiere September 27 after "The Big Bang Theory". It's supported by Margo Martindale and Beau Bridges who will bring complications into Arnett's life as his feuding parents.
Though she got a new job elsewhere, Mays said she would love to return on "Glee" as a guest.
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival