Jayma Mays Confirms Exit From 'Glee'
Jayma Mays is indeed leaving "Glee". The actress who plays Emma Pillsbury on the FOX hit musical series confirmed the news herself when hitting the red carpet at the premiere event of her new movie "The Smurfs 2" in California. "This is going to be my last season," she spilled to Access Hollywood.
Mays plays Matthew Morrison's on-screen love interest on the show. Co-workers at the William McKinley High, they tied the knot on the finale of the last season. It's unclear how her character would get written off. "I'm finishing up this season, so I'm not sure what direction and who's coming on and who's not," she said.
Her exit from "Glee" came on heels of her casting on CBS' new sitcom "The Millers". She has been tapped to portray Will Arnett's on-screen sister, Debbie, who was initially set to be played by Mary Elizabeth Ellis. "We start up in a couple weeks!" she enthused about her new gig.
Coming from "My Name Is Earl" creator, the multi-camera project will premiere September 27 after "The Big Bang Theory". It's supported by Margo Martindale and Beau Bridges who will bring complications into Arnett's life as his feuding parents.
Though she got a new job elsewhere, Mays said she would love to return on "Glee" as a guest.
- 'Dancing with the Stars': Maksim Chmerkovskiy Will Return, Ryan Lochte Is in Talks for Season 23
- Justin Bieber Reunites With Sofia Richie for Her Birthday After Partying With Bronte Blampied
- Ariana Grande and Nicki Minaj to Perform 'Side to Side' at 2016 MTV VMAs
- Inside Katy Perry and Orlando Bloom's Proposal Plans
- Christoph Waltz in Talks to Join James Cameron's 'Alita: Battle Angel'
- Kim Kardashian Flaunts Entire Breasts in Racy See-Through Top for a Photoshoot in Mexico
- The Weeknd Shares Snippet of His Cashmere Cat Collaboration 'Wild Love'
- Britney Spears Biopic Coming on Lifetime. Find Out Who Plays the Pop Star