Jayma Mays Confirms Exit From 'Glee'
Jayma Mays is indeed leaving "Glee". The actress who plays Emma Pillsbury on the FOX hit musical series confirmed the news herself when hitting the red carpet at the premiere event of her new movie "The Smurfs 2" in California. "This is going to be my last season," she spilled to Access Hollywood.
Mays plays Matthew Morrison's on-screen love interest on the show. Co-workers at the William McKinley High, they tied the knot on the finale of the last season. It's unclear how her character would get written off. "I'm finishing up this season, so I'm not sure what direction and who's coming on and who's not," she said.
Her exit from "Glee" came on heels of her casting on CBS' new sitcom "The Millers". She has been tapped to portray Will Arnett's on-screen sister, Debbie, who was initially set to be played by Mary Elizabeth Ellis. "We start up in a couple weeks!" she enthused about her new gig.
Coming from "My Name Is Earl" creator, the multi-camera project will premiere September 27 after "The Big Bang Theory". It's supported by Margo Martindale and Beau Bridges who will bring complications into Arnett's life as his feuding parents.
Though she got a new job elsewhere, Mays said she would love to return on "Glee" as a guest.
More Jayma Mays News
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media