ABC Denies Approaching Hoda Kotb to Replace Joy Behar on 'The View'
Hoda Kotb is reportedly tapped as a possible new co-host on "The View" to replace Joy Behar, but ABC denies this. "There's absolutely zero truth to this whatsoever," a representative for the TV network insists.
A source told the New York Post that ABC was "very interested" in Kotb. A different insider said, "Hoda addresses several of their needs. She has news experience, which is something 'The View' has not had since Meredith Vieira left. She also adds some diversity to the panel."
Kotb has co-hosted "Today" with Kathie Lee Gifford since 2007. Their tandem helps the show score a solid rating beating rival show on ABC, "Good Morning America", which fought to keep their viewers following the awkward dismissal of Ann Curry last year.
"The View" is undergoing some major shake-ups to prepare for the next season, after Behar and Elisabeth Hasselbeck announced they were leaving the show. Barbara Walters also planned back in May to retire in summer 2014.
Jenny McCarthy has been confirmed as a new co-host joining Whoopi Goldberg and Sherri Shepherd. Her recruitment was met with backlash due to her anti-vaccination views.
More The View News
- Sharon Osbourne Faces Backlash After Undergoing Plastic Surgery for Her Ageless Look
- At Rob Lowe Roast, Ann Coulter Ends Up on the Receiving End of Comics' Jabs
- Jennifer Garner Appears to Be Crying During a Reunion With Ben Affleck
- Is Tupac Still Alive? Rapper's New Selfie Arrives 20 Years After His Death
- New 'Westworld' Trailer Sets Clear Distinction Between Reality and Fantasy
- New 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Highlights 'Fierce Female' Characters
- Drake Trips on Rihanna's Dress After Declaring His Love for Her at the 2016 MTV VMAs
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.10 Preview: Travis and Chris Run Into New Group