ABC Denies Approaching Hoda Kotb to Replace Joy Behar on 'The View'
Hoda Kotb is reportedly tapped as a possible new co-host on "The View" to replace Joy Behar, but ABC denies this. "There's absolutely zero truth to this whatsoever," a representative for the TV network insists.
A source told the New York Post that ABC was "very interested" in Kotb. A different insider said, "Hoda addresses several of their needs. She has news experience, which is something 'The View' has not had since Meredith Vieira left. She also adds some diversity to the panel."
Kotb has co-hosted "Today" with Kathie Lee Gifford since 2007. Their tandem helps the show score a solid rating beating rival show on ABC, "Good Morning America", which fought to keep their viewers following the awkward dismissal of Ann Curry last year.
"The View" is undergoing some major shake-ups to prepare for the next season, after Behar and Elisabeth Hasselbeck announced they were leaving the show. Barbara Walters also planned back in May to retire in summer 2014.
Jenny McCarthy has been confirmed as a new co-host joining Whoopi Goldberg and Sherri Shepherd. Her recruitment was met with backlash due to her anti-vaccination views.
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival