ABC Denies Approaching Hoda Kotb to Replace Joy Behar on 'The View'
Hoda Kotb is reportedly tapped as a possible new co-host on "The View" to replace Joy Behar, but ABC denies this. "There's absolutely zero truth to this whatsoever," a representative for the TV network insists.
A source told the New York Post that ABC was "very interested" in Kotb. A different insider said, "Hoda addresses several of their needs. She has news experience, which is something 'The View' has not had since Meredith Vieira left. She also adds some diversity to the panel."
Kotb has co-hosted "Today" with Kathie Lee Gifford since 2007. Their tandem helps the show score a solid rating beating rival show on ABC, "Good Morning America", which fought to keep their viewers following the awkward dismissal of Ann Curry last year.
"The View" is undergoing some major shake-ups to prepare for the next season, after Behar and Elisabeth Hasselbeck announced they were leaving the show. Barbara Walters also planned back in May to retire in summer 2014.
Jenny McCarthy has been confirmed as a new co-host joining Whoopi Goldberg and Sherri Shepherd. Her recruitment was met with backlash due to her anti-vaccination views.
- Find Out How Jaden Smith Tricked His Dad Will Smith Into Letting Him Drink on His Birthday
- Jean-Claude Van Damme Walks Out of TV Interview After Reporter Asks This Question
- Matt Damon Will Take a Break From Acting Next Year
- Kanye West Launches Twitter Rants About Apple and Tidal Beef
- Tyler Posey Clarifies 'I Am Gay' Snapchat Video, Apologizes for Fake Coming Out
- Nick Jonas Offered $2 Million to Perform at RNC
- Director Paul Feig Slams Sony for Deleting 'Ghostbusters' Pro-Hillary Tweet
- 'Game of Thrones' Set to End With Season 8, Spin-Off Plan Confirmed