Michael Jackson's Doctor Conrad Murray to Be Released From Jail in October
After serving less than two years out of his four-year involuntary manslaughter sentence for Michael Jackson's death four years ago, Dr. Conrad Murray is set to be released from prison in no time at all. The convicted cardiologist is set to become a free man on October 28 after being sent to jail back in November 2011.
The news has enraged Jackson's mother Katherine, who believes Murray should have been tried for murder which carries a stiffer penalty as compared to that for involuntary manslaughter. "It is not right I will never be able to see my son again, while his mother can see him," the devastated matriarch said.
A source who says Murray should have at least served the complete sentence for his crime calls the early release "an insult." Murray's sentence was apparently shortened by his good behavior, as prison authorities have described him as a "model inmate," with some additional help from an overcrowded California jail system.
The Jackson family is also furious at Murray for refusing to give evidence in the current wrongful death trial against concert promoter AEG Live, feeling he has key evidence to prove AEG acted negligently resulting in the King of Pop's untimely death. Murray supposedly wants nothing to do with the lawsuit for fear of being incriminated and has even gone on to threaten that he will reveal secret information about the singer and his family if he was forced to testify.
More Michael Jackson News
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media
- Evan Rachel Wood Blasts Media Over Comments About Amber Heard's Bisexuality
- Police Found No Evidence of Physical Abuse in Amber Heard's Case
- Phil Lord and Chris Miller's 'Spider-Man' Movie May Feature Miles Morales
- Colton Haynes Bares His Butt in This Racy Instagram Photo
- Heidi Klum Declares She 'Won't Get Married Again'