Michael Jackson's Doctor Conrad Murray to Be Released From Jail in October
After serving less than two years out of his four-year involuntary manslaughter sentence for Michael Jackson's death four years ago, Dr. Conrad Murray is set to be released from prison in no time at all. The convicted cardiologist is set to become a free man on October 28 after being sent to jail back in November 2011.
The news has enraged Jackson's mother Katherine, who believes Murray should have been tried for murder which carries a stiffer penalty as compared to that for involuntary manslaughter. "It is not right I will never be able to see my son again, while his mother can see him," the devastated matriarch said.
A source who says Murray should have at least served the complete sentence for his crime calls the early release "an insult." Murray's sentence was apparently shortened by his good behavior, as prison authorities have described him as a "model inmate," with some additional help from an overcrowded California jail system.
The Jackson family is also furious at Murray for refusing to give evidence in the current wrongful death trial against concert promoter AEG Live, feeling he has key evidence to prove AEG acted negligently resulting in the King of Pop's untimely death. Murray supposedly wants nothing to do with the lawsuit for fear of being incriminated and has even gone on to threaten that he will reveal secret information about the singer and his family if he was forced to testify.
More Michael Jackson News
- 'KUWTK' Returns for Another Season as 'Life of Kylie' Ends Up Being a Flop
- 'Downtown Abbey' Movie Is in the Works
- Rob Kardashian Is Lawyering Up Against Blac Chyna
- Angelina Jolie and Charlize Theron Are Feuding Over 'Bride of Frankenstein' Role
- Nick Jonas to Embrace 'Positivity' in His New Album
- 'Glee' Star Charice Pempengco Changes Name to Jake Zyrus. Is She Transitioning?
- Girls Lined Up to Give Tom Cruise Blow Job on Set of 'Risky Business', Co-Star Reveals
- Courtney Stodden Strips Down to Tiny Underwear to Perform Striptease