Miley Cyrus Covers 'Les Miserables' Song 'On My Own'
After all the twerking on stage and on her "We Can't Stop" music video, Miley Cyrus drops all the craziness and goes back to raw music as she sings an a capella version of "Les Miserables" song "On My Own". The pop rock singer posted an audio clip of herself doing the stripped down cover of the Eponine solo on her YouTube account on Sunday.
The one-and-a-half-minute rendition is reminiscent of her Backyard Sessions recordings, where the young artist hangs out with her friends and performs acoustic covers of Cyrus' favorite songs. However, the "On My Own" audio does not feature any instrumentals and just purely focuses on her distinct, raspy vocals.
There are no details yet as to when, where and why the song was recorded by Cyrus. And the mystery seems to have added to the initial surprise that Cyrus would tackle such a material as the Broadway hit song, that it's now creating a buzz online.
Cyrus is working on her Pharrell Williams and Hit-Boy-produced fourth studio album, with the lead single "We Can't Stop" already being released last month and peaking at the No. 2 spot in the Billboard Hot 100. Its music video posted 10.7 million views on its first 24 hours on Vevo, is now sandwiched in between One Direction's 10.9 million views for "Best Song Ever" and Justin Bieber's 10.6 million views for "Beauty & the Beat".
Miley Cyrus singing "On My Own" from "Les Miserables":
More Miley Cyrus News
- Kylie Jenner Wraps Her Body With Real Snake in Sneak Peek of Sexy 2017 Calendar
- Lady GaGa Shares Kindness With the Help of Taylor Kinney and Her Mom
- Shia LaBeouf Unleashes New Freestyle in Response to Soulja Boy's Threats
- Nicki Minaj Gets Heavily Criticized for Making Fun of Mentally Ill Woman
- 'The Mummy' Director on Whether Tom Cruise's Character Dies in the First Trailer
- 'Westworld' Showrunners Address Evil Dolores and Ford's Fate
- Justin Bieber Announces 2017 U.S. Stadium Tour Dates
- Blac Chyna Seems to Diss Kylie Jenner and Tyga on Snapchat. Is This Khloe's Response?