Miley Cyrus Covers 'Les Miserables' Song 'On My Own'
After all the twerking on stage and on her "We Can't Stop" music video, Miley Cyrus drops all the craziness and goes back to raw music as she sings an a capella version of "Les Miserables" song "On My Own". The pop rock singer posted an audio clip of herself doing the stripped down cover of the Eponine solo on her YouTube account on Sunday.
The one-and-a-half-minute rendition is reminiscent of her Backyard Sessions recordings, where the young artist hangs out with her friends and performs acoustic covers of Cyrus' favorite songs. However, the "On My Own" audio does not feature any instrumentals and just purely focuses on her distinct, raspy vocals.
There are no details yet as to when, where and why the song was recorded by Cyrus. And the mystery seems to have added to the initial surprise that Cyrus would tackle such a material as the Broadway hit song, that it's now creating a buzz online.
Cyrus is working on her Pharrell Williams and Hit-Boy-produced fourth studio album, with the lead single "We Can't Stop" already being released last month and peaking at the No. 2 spot in the Billboard Hot 100. Its music video posted 10.7 million views on its first 24 hours on Vevo, is now sandwiched in between One Direction's 10.9 million views for "Best Song Ever" and Justin Bieber's 10.6 million views for "Beauty & the Beat".
Miley Cyrus singing "On My Own" from "Les Miserables":
More Miley Cyrus News
- Wait... What? Is Tiger Woods Saying He Doesn't Regret Cheating on Elin Nordegren?
- Marvel Pulls 'Invincible Iron Man' Cover After Accusations of 'Sexualizing' Its Underage Hero
- No More Sexy Selfies? Kim Kardashian Is Re-Emerging 'More Covered Up' and 'Less Make-Up'
- Drake Hints at Releasing New Music on His 30th Birthday. Get Details on His Celebration
- Blac Chyna Pokes Fun at Her Pregnancy Curves, Compares Herself to a Pokemon
- Amy Adams and Jake Gyllenhaal's Love Turns to Hatred in 'Nocturnal Animals' First Full Trailer
- Jay-Z and Beyonce Are Both Upset With 'Nut Job' Kanye West Following His Rant
- Justin Bieber Scolds Concertgoers for Screaming at Manchester Show