Miley Cyrus Covers 'Les Miserables' Song 'On My Own'
After all the twerking on stage and on her "We Can't Stop" music video, Miley Cyrus drops all the craziness and goes back to raw music as she sings an a capella version of "Les Miserables" song "On My Own". The pop rock singer posted an audio clip of herself doing the stripped down cover of the Eponine solo on her YouTube account on Sunday.
The one-and-a-half-minute rendition is reminiscent of her Backyard Sessions recordings, where the young artist hangs out with her friends and performs acoustic covers of Cyrus' favorite songs. However, the "On My Own" audio does not feature any instrumentals and just purely focuses on her distinct, raspy vocals.
There are no details yet as to when, where and why the song was recorded by Cyrus. And the mystery seems to have added to the initial surprise that Cyrus would tackle such a material as the Broadway hit song, that it's now creating a buzz online.
Cyrus is working on her Pharrell Williams and Hit-Boy-produced fourth studio album, with the lead single "We Can't Stop" already being released last month and peaking at the No. 2 spot in the Billboard Hot 100. Its music video posted 10.7 million views on its first 24 hours on Vevo, is now sandwiched in between One Direction's 10.9 million views for "Best Song Ever" and Justin Bieber's 10.6 million views for "Beauty & the Beat".
Miley Cyrus singing "On My Own" from "Les Miserables":
More Miley Cyrus News
- Antonio Banderas Reveals Suffering From Heart Attack
- Harry Styles Teases First Solo Single and Books Release Date
- Liam Payne and Cheryl Welcome Baby Boy - See the Baby's Pic!
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'