Miley Cyrus Covers 'Les Miserables' Song 'On My Own'
After all the twerking on stage and on her "We Can't Stop" music video, Miley Cyrus drops all the craziness and goes back to raw music as she sings an a capella version of "Les Miserables" song "On My Own". The pop rock singer posted an audio clip of herself doing the stripped down cover of the Eponine solo on her YouTube account on Sunday.
The one-and-a-half-minute rendition is reminiscent of her Backyard Sessions recordings, where the young artist hangs out with her friends and performs acoustic covers of Cyrus' favorite songs. However, the "On My Own" audio does not feature any instrumentals and just purely focuses on her distinct, raspy vocals.
There are no details yet as to when, where and why the song was recorded by Cyrus. And the mystery seems to have added to the initial surprise that Cyrus would tackle such a material as the Broadway hit song, that it's now creating a buzz online.
Cyrus is working on her Pharrell Williams and Hit-Boy-produced fourth studio album, with the lead single "We Can't Stop" already being released last month and peaking at the No. 2 spot in the Billboard Hot 100. Its music video posted 10.7 million views on its first 24 hours on Vevo, is now sandwiched in between One Direction's 10.9 million views for "Best Song Ever" and Justin Bieber's 10.6 million views for "Beauty & the Beat".
Miley Cyrus singing "On My Own" from "Les Miserables":
More Miley Cyrus News
- Watch Juicy J and Kanye West in 'Ballin' Video
- Tina Fey Suggested Alec Baldwin to Play Donald Trump on 'Saturday Night Live'
- Watch Ben Affleck and Matt Damon Hilariously Argue Over Who's Closer to Tom Brady
- Daisy Ridley, Judi Dench and More A-Listers Join Johnny Depp in 'Murder on the Orient Express'
- Confirmed! Lady GaGa Is Headlining 2017 Super Bowl Halftime Show
- Oops! Cher Accidentally Retweets a Dick Pic
- No More Bad Blood! Taylor Swift and Calvin Harris Are Texting Again
- Rob Kardashian Crushing on His Own Sister Kim When He Was Young