Britney Spears and Katy Perry Attend 'The Smurfs 2' Premiere
Hollywood beauties Britney Spears and Katy Perry graced the blue carpet at the premiere of "The Smurfs 2" at Regency Village Theatre on Sunday, July 28 in Westwood, Calif. The former, who contributes to the soundtrack, and the latter, who voices the Smurfette, wore dresses with the signature Smurf color.
Britney rocked a figure hugging Herve Leger mini dress, Saint Laurent shoes, and Chris Aire diamond earrings. She brought her sons Sean Preston, 7, and Jayden James, 6, to the family-friendly event. " Getting ready with my baby boys to head to the #Smurfs2 Premiere. They are bouncing off the walls :)," she tweeted.
Katy looked equally gorgeous in a Tadashi Shoji dress that she matched with Pedro Garcia heels. "So great to see you Smurfette @katyperry! Can't wait for our Vegas date...," Britney gushed along with a picture of them posing for the photographers, to which Katy enthusiastically replied," OMG!!!!! I CAN'T IM CRYING."
The "Teenage Dream" hitmaker was joined by her grandmother. In an interview with reporters, she revealed that she secretly sang background vocals on "Ooh La La", the theme song recorded by Britney. She said, "Me and [songwriter] Bonnie McKee secretly did some background vocals on that song. So maybe listen for our voices."
Britney was not the only one who took her kids to the special screening. Lead actor Neil Patrick Harris and his partner David Burtka also brought their twins Harper Grace and Gideon Scott with them. The actor wrote hours before the event, "Excited for the premiere of Smurfs 2 today! Can't wait to see what Paris looks like through 3D glasses!"
Jayma Mays and Tamra Barney were in attendance as well. Both added colors with their bright dresses. The former chose a Paper London dress consisting of a pink top and a yellow skirt that she paired with multi-colored Brian Atwood shoes. The later also opted for a pink dress and finished it off with gold wedges.
In New York City, Christina Ricci showed up for the premiere donning a green Thom Browne dress, Casadei shoes, Harry Winston jewels, and a Jimmy Choo bag. She was joined by Hank Azaria among others for the screening taking place at the Lighthouse International Theater.
Rapper Fabolous was also there with his family. "Only got 3 hrs sleep but made sure i took #PrinceJoso to the #Smurfs2 private premiere 2day," he said. "This a small sacrifice to see my boy smile.. This is what we must do as parents. Its our first priority. Its our toughest job. Its our biggest goal. To raise the next generation of Kings & Queens."
"The Smurfs 2" will be released for public viewing in theaters across the country starting July 31.
- Ivanka Trump's Brother-In-Law Joshua Kushner Joined Women's March on Washington
- Like It or Not, Donald Trump's Inauguration Draws Second Biggest Ratings in 36 Years
- Madonna Defends 'Blowing Up the White House' Remark as Secret Service Is Planning to Investigate Her
- Is 'Once Upon a Time' Preparing a Musical Episode in Season 6?
- 'Split' Tops Domestic Box Office, 'Rogue One: A Star Wars Story' Hits $1 Billion Worldwide
- Possible First Look at Superman's Black Suit in 'Justice League' Unveiled
- The Weeknd's 'Starboy' Stays at No. 1, The xx's 'I See You' Nabs Second Place on Billboard 200
- Keke Palmer Accuses Trey Songz of 'Sexual Intimidation' for Including Her in His Video