Rihanna Fined $47,050 for Multiple Deposition Absences
For failing to appear in court and sit down for her deposition, the judge on Rihanna's case against her former money managers Berdon LLP penalized the Barbadian princess with a fine amounting to $47,050. RiRi was apparently pulling off a Lindsay Lohan on her ex-accountants by intentionally missing out on her court appointments but the firm decided to take legal action against her antics.
Rihanna sued Berdon LLP back in 2012 for allegedly mismanaging her money but the pop superstar kept on committing multiple absences for court-related depositions since November of last year. The last straw that broke the camel's back, so to speak, was RiRi's non-appearance for a June 19 deposition that was set up in London just to accommodate the singer's schedule, consequently costing the accounting firm $100,000 in expenses.
Berdon LLP had actually asked the judge to drop the multi-million dollar case and penalize RiRi $100,000 for their wasted time and resources. Despite the case still standing and a considerably lower fine than what was demanded, the firm had been somehow vindicated after having been "pushed beyond the breaking point" by RiRi's inexcusable behavior especially for claiming she was sick to attend the scheduled deposition but then tweeting about her tour performances.
Aside from the fine, Rihanna has also been ordered to appear for a final meeting on August 28 to finally get the matter resolved. Although the fine is considered loose change for the high-earning entertainer, she stands to lose millions if she doesn't make it to the said appointment, as the judge warns the lawsuit she filed stands to be dropped if she fails to show up.
More Rihanna News
- Iron Fist Shows His Martial Art Skills in New Photos of Netflix's Series
- Is Rihanna Not Happy With Beyonce Over Grammy Nominations?
- Wendy Williams Calls Nicki Minaj 'Insensive B***h' for Mocking Mentally Ill Woman
- Lady GaGa Pens 'Inspiring' Open Letter About Her Daily Effort to Battle With PTSD
- 'Bones': What Will Happen to the Jeffersonian? David Boreanaz Shares Photo of Destroyed Lab
- See Tom Hiddleston Accidentally Running Into 'Taylor Swift' During Morning Jog in London
- Andy Cohen Would Like to Hook Up With Justin Bieber
- Chanel Iman Stars in Flo Rida's Flashy Video for 'Zillionaire'