'Sharknado' Storms Theaters on August 2
Fans can now experience the thrilling sensation of watching "Sharknado" on much bigger screen. Regal Entertainment Group has recently announced that it would premiere the social-media hit at its 200 theaters across the country on Friday midnight, August 2, including New York City's Regal Union Square Stadium 14 and Regal L.A. Live Stadium 14.
"You know how audiences have had fun with 'Rocky Horror Picture Show' over the years. If the internet reactions to this film are any indication, then our moviegoers are primed and ready to enjoy Sharknado larger than life in cinemas," said Chris Sylvia, director of digital marketing for Regal Entertainment Group, in a statement.
Ken Thewes, Regal's chief marketing officer, added, "There's just something epic about watching these huge beasts on the big screen with your friends and family. The crowd reactions will make for a memorable experience in our theatres."
Starring Cassie Scerbo and Tara Reid, the Syfy pic tells a story of a tornado that lifts sharks out of the ocean and deposits them in Los Angeles. It generated more than 604,000 tweets when it premiered on July 11.
A sequel to the movie has been greenlit by the cable network. "The fans are clamoring for a sequel. Or perhaps it will be a prequel. What we can guarantee is that 'Sharknado 2' will be lots of fun," Syfy executive vp programming and original movies Thomas Vitale said in a statement.
- Eight Times Chrissy Teigen Makes Us ROTFL
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle May 'Get Married Somewhere Private and Elope'
- O.J. Simpson Could Be Denied Parole After Caught Masturbating in Cell
- 'Avengers: Infinity War' Leaked Photo Reveals Spider-Man and Doctor Strange's Scene
- John McCain Is Diagnosed With Brain Cancer, Politicians Send Support
- Adele Is Struggling to Write New Album Because She Isn't 'Depressed' Enough
- Yoo Seung Ho Reveals He Enlisted to Military Because He Didn't Like Acting
- Meet Guillermo del Toro's Newest Creature in Dreamy First Trailer for 'The Shape of Water'