Vin Diesel Set to Become the 'World's Most Wanted'
Vin Diesel's next starring vehicle is a movie that Universal Pictures began developing in 2008. Deadline learns that the buffed actor, best known for starring as Dominic Toretto in "Fast and Furious" film series, is attached to headline "World's Most Wanted", based on a pitch by Will Staples and Sean O'Keefe.
The studio has additionally hired Dan Mazeau of "Wrath of the Titans" to polish the original script. As cited by Variety, the story centers on an elite team that secretly journeys to a foreign country to take down an international criminal. When the mission is compromised, the team suddenly finds itself on the run, desperate to uncover the truth behind a major conspiracy.
As of now, no director has been attached yet. Neal Moritz will produce the pic with Diesel. Samantha Vincent and Tania Landau will executive produce. Jon Mone and Jay Polidoro are set to oversee the production for Universal.
Last week, Diesel stopped by San Diego Comic-Con to promote his upcoming action movie "Riddick", in which he reprises role as the Furyan anti-hero. During the panel, he revealed that there would be "big news coming at the end of this month" about his potential involvement in Marvel universe.
Some say that he might star in "Avengers: Age of Ultron" while some others believe he might make an appearance in "Guardians of the Galaxy" as Thanos.
- Chris Pratt Name Drops Jennifer Lawrence in Christmas-Themed Mad Lib Theater With Jimmy Fallon
- Drake and Aaliyah's Posthumous Collaboration 'Talk Is Cheap' Surfaces Online
- Tom Hanks Puts Emma Watson in Danger in 'The Circle' Teaser Trailer
- Mariah Carey Flaunts Her Curves in Peek-a-Boo Dress After Christmas Concert With Bryan Tanaka
- Watch Fiona Apple Sing Anti-Donald Trump Christmas Carol
- Sofia Vergara Gets Sued by Her Own Embryos as Legal Battle With Ex Continues
- Watch Shawn Mendes Cover Drake's 'Fake Love' on 'Live Lounge'
- 'Walking Dead' Star Steven Yeun Is Expecting First Child With Wife Joana Pak