Vin Diesel Set to Become the 'World's Most Wanted'
Vin Diesel's next starring vehicle is a movie that Universal Pictures began developing in 2008. Deadline learns that the buffed actor, best known for starring as Dominic Toretto in "Fast and Furious" film series, is attached to headline "World's Most Wanted", based on a pitch by Will Staples and Sean O'Keefe.
The studio has additionally hired Dan Mazeau of "Wrath of the Titans" to polish the original script. As cited by Variety, the story centers on an elite team that secretly journeys to a foreign country to take down an international criminal. When the mission is compromised, the team suddenly finds itself on the run, desperate to uncover the truth behind a major conspiracy.
As of now, no director has been attached yet. Neal Moritz will produce the pic with Diesel. Samantha Vincent and Tania Landau will executive produce. Jon Mone and Jay Polidoro are set to oversee the production for Universal.
Last week, Diesel stopped by San Diego Comic-Con to promote his upcoming action movie "Riddick", in which he reprises role as the Furyan anti-hero. During the panel, he revealed that there would be "big news coming at the end of this month" about his potential involvement in Marvel universe.
Some say that he might star in "Avengers: Age of Ultron" while some others believe he might make an appearance in "Guardians of the Galaxy" as Thanos.
- 'Saturday Night Live' Taps Kristen Stewart as the Next Host
- Armie Hammer Responds to 'Green Lantern Corps' Rumor
- Big Sean Performs 'Bounce Back', Premieres 'Sunday Morning Jetpack' on 'Saturday Night Live'
- Louis Tomlinson Reunites With Briana Jungwirth to Celebrate Their Son's 1st Birthday
- Luke Bryan to Sing National Anthem at Super Bowl
- 'Veronica Mars' Boss Hints at Potential Revival
- Artist of the Week: Kehlani
- Ivanka Trump's Brother-In-Law Joshua Kushner Joined Women's March on Washington