Miley Cyrus to Release 'Crazier Version' of 'We Can't Stop' Music Video
The music video for Miley Cyrus' "We Can't Stop" is going to get raunchier. In an interview with Aled Jones on British's "Daybreak" on Friday morning, July 26, the former Disney star revealed her plan to treat fans with a "crazier version" of the clip. The new video is set to arrive once the original version reaches 100 million views.
"When we get to a hundred million [views on YouTube] we are going to try to put out a special edition," Miley told Jones. "I don't know if you have seen the video but it's pretty crazy, so an even crazier version of the director's cut [will be released] as soon as we get to a hundred million."
"I love my videos to have some part of sexiness to it but I didn't want that to be the whole thing, I wanted it to be gritty," she continued.
The decision came after One Direction's "Best Song Ever" broke her Vevo record for the most-viewed clip. Earlier this week, the British boys' new video garnered 10.9 million views in 24 hours, while Miley's controversial clip had "only" 10.7 million views in the same time period.
"Get #wecantstopvideoonvevo up to 100 million by August and well have broken a new record!" she tweeted her excitement to set a new Vevo record. "Smilers y'all are BUSY!"
She later informed her fans that the new version of the video was "done" and "ready to drop". "Director's cut is done. Ready to drop it once we got to 100 mill!" she tweeted.
More Miley Cyrus News
- Cate Blanchett Turns Into a Drag Queen for Charity
- See Mindy Transforming Into a Handsome White Man on 'The Mindy Project'
- Video of Harrison Ford Flying Over Commercial Plane Emerges
- Karlie Kloss Flashes Major Sideboob as She Goes Braless at a Charity Event
- Tom Brady's Missing Super Bowl Jersey Is Worth $500,000
- Jimmy Kimmel May Retire From Late-Night TV: 'I Have Very Little Free Time'
- 'The Flash' 3.14 Preview: Team Flash Is Ready to Battle Grodd and His Army
- Meghan Trainor to Release New Song 'I'm a Lady'