Melissa McCarthy to Be Female James Bond in 'Susan Cooper', Emma Watson Eyed for 'Secret Service'
Casting news surrounding two 20th Century Fox agent movies has hit the web. First off, The Wrap learns that Paul Feig wants to reunite with Melissa McCarthy for the third time. After "Bridesmaids" and "The Heat", McCarthy enters negotiation to star as a female spy in comedy "Susan Cooper", which will be directed and co-written by Feig.
In other news, Variety reports that director Matthew Vaughn has an interest in getting Emma Watson attached to play in his latest movie "The Secret Service". Vaughn also reportedly considers "Dark Shadows" actress Bella Heathcote if the Nicki of "The Bling Ring" eventually does not make it as Colin Firth's female co-star.
Feig, whose latest movie "The Heat" has performed well at the box office, has been confirmed to develop "Susan Cooper" since last month. The pic was inspired by the reintroduction of James Bond in 2006's "Casino Royale", which turns out to be one of his favorite movies. The 50-year-old helmer also hopes that it can be a franchise for Fox.
Meanwhile, Vaughn began developing the adaptation of Mark Millar and Dave Gibbons' comic back in 2011. "This is James Bond meets My Fair Lady," Millar said of the story to The Hollywood Reporter in April 2012. Recently, newcomer Taron Egerton has been on board to be the nephew whom Firth's character mentors to become a secret agent.
McCarthy and Watson's upcoming movies, "Tammy" and "Noah" respectively, are already in post-production. Both are set to be released in 2014.
- 'The Flash' Movie Eying 'Back to the Future' Director Robert Zemeckis
- Kris Jenner Is Banning Pepsi From Her House
- 'Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales' May Be Johnny Depp's Last Disney Film
- Meghan Markle Involved in Nazi and Satanism Scandal
- Caitlyn Jenner Is Saving Her Vagina for Mr. Right
- PARTYNEXTDOOR Unfollows Zayn Malik, Deletes All Trace of Their Collab on Social Media
- Paris Jackson Wants to Save 'Reclusive' Aunt Janet Jackson Amid Split From Wissam Al Mana
- Is Gigi Hadid Taking Her Diet Too Far? Her Extreme Weight Loss Raises Concern