James McAvoy to Star in 'Frankenstein', Abigail Breslin in Talks to Play Zombie-to-Be in 'Maggie'
Two monster movies find their leading actors. First off, Deadline confirms that James McAvoy will take part in Paul McGuigan's next directing gig "Frankenstein". In other news, The Hollywood Reporter learns that "Maggie" likely will be led by Abigail Breslin who is currently at the negotiating table to discuss the possibility of her starring in the pic.
In the sci-fi take on Mary Shelley's classic story, McAvoy will take on the role of Dr. Victor Von Frankenstein. The Scottish heartthrob will team up with Daniel Radcliffe, who has been signed on to play the protagonist, Igor, since last February. McGuigan will direct from script by Max Landis. John Davis is set to produce the 20th Century Fox movie.
Meanwhile, in Henry Hobson's pic, Breslin is expected to be the titular character, who gets infected by a walking-dead virus that has spread across the country. Arnold Schwarzenegger has been attached to play Maggie's father since last month. It will use a Black List script written by John Scott 3, who also serves as a producer in the project.
While Fox has set "Frankenstein" to be released in October 2014, Lotus Entertainment has not dated "Maggie" yet.
McAvoy is currently shooting the hotly-anticipated "X-Men: Days of Future Past". As for Breslin, the Oscar nominee will next be seen in "August: Osage County" and "Ender's Game".
- George Clooney Underwent Vasectomy Reversal for Wife Amal
- Get Details of Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth's Spiritual Summer Nuptials
- 'Fargo' Season 3 Gets Premiere Date
- New Couple Alert? Amber Rose Spotted Partying With Kevin Durant
- Blac Chyna Celebrates 40-Pound Weight Loss by Posing Nude in Bed
- Kristen Stewart In Talks for Fox's Thriller 'Underwater'
- 'The Predator' Reboot Adds 'Chuck' Alum Yvonne Strahovski
- Nick Cannon Introduces Newborn Baby Boy Golden 'Sagon'