Jane Fonda Channels Nancy Reagan in 'Lee Daniels' The Butler' Clip
The recently-christened "Lee Daniels' The Butler" has debuted a new clip which features Jane Fonda in her role as Nancy Reagan. Fans are not only treated to a scene where she and leading man Forest Whitaker have conversation as the video later includes a brief interview with the 75-year-old actress herself.
"I don't think that whatever differences there might be in our politics really matters," Fonda, a loud and proud liberal activist, says. The Oscar winner, who acted alongside Jennifer Lopez in "Monster-in-Law", continues saying, "As an actor I approach her as a human being, and I happen to know she's not unhappy that I'm playing her."
Following the announcement about the casting choice, many U.S. conservatives have despised Fonda and even launched campaigns to get people to boycott the movie. One of them is Larry Reyes, a Navy veteran who started a Facebook campaign called "Boycott Hanoi Jane Playing Nancy Reagan" and described her casting as a "slap in the face."
Based on a true story of former White House butler Eugene Allen, the historical drama centers on Cecil Gaines who serves eight American presidents over three decades. The film traces the dramatic changes felt by American society at that time, from the civil rights movement to Vietnam and beyond, and how those changes affect the man's life and family.
Oprah Winfrey, Alan Rickman, Robin Williams, Mariah Carey and John Cusack are among the cast members of the Weinstein Co. drama.
- Antonio Banderas Reveals Suffering From Heart Attack
- Harry Styles Teases First Solo Single and Books Release Date
- Liam Payne and Cheryl Welcome Baby Boy - See the Baby's Pic!
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'