Amanda Bynes Will Stay in Psychiatric Center for Additional Two Weeks
A hearing to determine whether or not Amanda Bynes should get additional psychiatric counseling after being placed on a 5150 hold for 72 hours has just been held. It took place in a Los Angeles-area hospital where the troubled actress has been confined for three days.
Doctors treating the "Easy A" star say her involuntary stay should be extended so that they could properly diagnose her, but her lawyer argued that she should be released. A judge presiding over the matter agreed with the doctor and granted the extension.
Another hearing concerning Bynes' well-being is scheduled to be held Friday, July 26. It is set to discuss whether the ex-Nickelodeon star is mentally competent to manage her own affairs. If not, her parents could get a conservatorship to oversee her life.
Bynes is held for mental health evaluation following an incident with a gas can in the driveway of an elderly woman whom she did not have any prior association with. During the incident, her pant leg caught fire and her dog soaked in gasoline.
She was most recently seen hiding under a white sheet as she was being wheeled between buildings by staff at the psychiatric centre in Ventura, California. Her parents, who take care of her dog while she gets help she needs, were also pictured visiting her in the facility.
Months leading to the fire incident, Bynes already sparked concerns over her multiple traffic violations including driving with suspended license. She also bizarrely attacked fellow celebrities on Twitter with her "ugly" rants.
More Amanda Bynes News
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media