Tommy Chong Defends Daughter's Slur Against Oprah Winfrey
Comedian Tommy Chong defends his daughter Rae Dawn Chong after the actress made offensive comments about Oprah Winfrey's physical features. Speaking to TMZ, Tommy said that Rae's reference to slavery era would probably happen.
"If you think of what [Rae] said, she said back in the day Oprah would be working in the field because she's not that beautiful ... whereas if you're beautiful, you're part of the master's bedroom," he said. Tommy added, "Knowing Oprah, she would probably read [Rae's comments] and just chuckle and probably agree with Rae Dawn ... she probably would be working in the field."
He later continued saying that probably Oprah did not need to work in field during slave time because she could use her "charm and intelligence" so that she could be a house lady. He also believed that Rae and the media mogul would work together again in the future.
A few days ago, Rae landed in hot water after an audio recording of her slamming Oprah emerged. The actress, who played alongside Arnold Schwarzenegger in a 1980s hit movie "Commando", claimed that Oprah was envious of her achievement.
During a phone interview with "Matty P's Radio Happy Hour", Rae said that Oprah was a "great brown-nose. If you go into a room with her she will pick the most powerful person and will become best friends with them." In addition to the name-calling, she criticized Oprah's physical features.
"She was the fat chick in school that did everything and everyone loved her. If you look at the way [Oprah] looks, she looks like 60 years ago she would have been a house keeper luckily. She would have not been a house [N-word] she would have been a field [N-word]," Rae stated at that time. The actress who worked with Oprah on "The Color Purple" explained the racial slur the next day after the recording emerged, saying that she meant to "compliment" her former co-star.
- Johnny Depp Wasn't Even Near Amber Heard When He Allegedly Hit Her, Witnesses Say
- Is Olivia Culpo Dating Danny Amendola? Here's the Proof
- Brad Pitt Reportedly Worries About 'Anorexic' and 'Fragile' Angelina Jolie
- Dan Aykroyd on Why 'Ghostbusters' Reboot Is Worth Watching: It Has More Laughs and More Scares
- Gwen Stefani Releases Fashionable 'Misery' Music Video
- Harambe the Gorilla Shooting Sparks Outrage Among Hollywood Stars
- Brooklyn Beckham Flaunting His Abs in This Shirtless Selfie Will Make You Drool
- 'Game of Thrones': George R. R. Martin Reveals Brienne's Backstory