Tommy Chong Defends Daughter's Slur Against Oprah Winfrey
Comedian Tommy Chong defends his daughter Rae Dawn Chong after the actress made offensive comments about Oprah Winfrey's physical features. Speaking to TMZ, Tommy said that Rae's reference to slavery era would probably happen.
"If you think of what [Rae] said, she said back in the day Oprah would be working in the field because she's not that beautiful ... whereas if you're beautiful, you're part of the master's bedroom," he said. Tommy added, "Knowing Oprah, she would probably read [Rae's comments] and just chuckle and probably agree with Rae Dawn ... she probably would be working in the field."
He later continued saying that probably Oprah did not need to work in field during slave time because she could use her "charm and intelligence" so that she could be a house lady. He also believed that Rae and the media mogul would work together again in the future.
A few days ago, Rae landed in hot water after an audio recording of her slamming Oprah emerged. The actress, who played alongside Arnold Schwarzenegger in a 1980s hit movie "Commando", claimed that Oprah was envious of her achievement.
During a phone interview with "Matty P's Radio Happy Hour", Rae said that Oprah was a "great brown-nose. If you go into a room with her she will pick the most powerful person and will become best friends with them." In addition to the name-calling, she criticized Oprah's physical features.
"She was the fat chick in school that did everything and everyone loved her. If you look at the way [Oprah] looks, she looks like 60 years ago she would have been a house keeper luckily. She would have not been a house [N-word] she would have been a field [N-word]," Rae stated at that time. The actress who worked with Oprah on "The Color Purple" explained the racial slur the next day after the recording emerged, saying that she meant to "compliment" her former co-star.
- Silver Sable and Black Cat Movie Rumored to Have Spider-Woman
- Scott Disick Spotted Flirting With Sofia Richie on Yacht in Cannes
- Jaden Smith Accuses Canadian Hotel of Spiking His Food
- Alex Rodriguez Signs Deal With ABC News as Contributor
- Joaquin Phoenix and Diane Kruger Win Best Actor and Actress at Cannes 2017
- Miranda Kerr Marries Snapchat CEO Evan Spiegel in Backyard Ceremony
- 'Logan' Producer Hints at X-23 Solo Movie
- Jamie Foxx Called 'Disrespectful' by Nyle DiMarco for Making Up Sign Language on 'Fallon'