Sandra Bullock on 'The Heat' Sequel: 'I'm Not There'
"I know they say never say never, but right now, I can't imagine it," Sandra Bullock says to Entertainment Weekly in response to a question on "The Heat" sequel. The blunt statement may raise some eyebrows considering that the buddy cop movie has performed well at the box office, snagging more than $130 million as of July 23. However, she has reasons why she says so.
"If you look back on my illustrious sequel work, nothing has proven successful," Oscar-winning Bullock laughs as she speaks, referring to her sequels, "Miss Congeniality 2: Armed and Fabulous" and "Speed 2: Cruise Control", which all bombed at the box office. "A sequel is such a daunting thing, because you don't want to lose the magic and the charm of the first one."
She continues. "I don't want to ruin what Melissa [McCarthy] and I had. If a miracle happens where [a script] shows up that really and truly outdid the first and provided an experience that was better than the first one, then I would look at it. But I'm not there."
According to director Paul Feig, scribe Katie Dippold, who provided him with the script of "The Heat", has started working on the next installment. "We had an idea that we thought was really fun," Feig told Yahoo! Movies. "I just love these characters so much. I want to see them fighting more crime and having more fun."
Judging from Bullock's reaction to the prospect of the sequel, Feig surely will need to work hard to convince her to be back in the game with Melissa McCarthy as Ashburn and Mullins respectively.
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Series Finale Photos: Get First Look at Aria's Wedding Dress
- Is Khloe Kardashian Pregnant? Tristan Thompson Believes She Will Be the 'Best Mom'
- Insecure Kylie Jenner Thinks She's Ugly
- Beyonce Writes a Song About Her Newborn Twins, Plans to Release New Album Before Coachella 2018
- Gillian Anderson Goes Makeup-Free and Ditches Bra During Her Stay in Italy
- Kate Beckinsale Can't Keep Her Hands Off Toy Boy Matt Rife During Movie Date
- Kevin Feige Confirms Miles Morales Is Part of MCU
- Protective Boyfriend The Weeknd Tells Selena Gomez to Cover Up