Sandra Bullock on 'The Heat' Sequel: 'I'm Not There'
"I know they say never say never, but right now, I can't imagine it," Sandra Bullock says to Entertainment Weekly in response to a question on "The Heat" sequel. The blunt statement may raise some eyebrows considering that the buddy cop movie has performed well at the box office, snagging more than $130 million as of July 23. However, she has reasons why she says so.
"If you look back on my illustrious sequel work, nothing has proven successful," Oscar-winning Bullock laughs as she speaks, referring to her sequels, "Miss Congeniality 2: Armed and Fabulous" and "Speed 2: Cruise Control", which all bombed at the box office. "A sequel is such a daunting thing, because you don't want to lose the magic and the charm of the first one."
She continues. "I don't want to ruin what Melissa [McCarthy] and I had. If a miracle happens where [a script] shows up that really and truly outdid the first and provided an experience that was better than the first one, then I would look at it. But I'm not there."
According to director Paul Feig, scribe Katie Dippold, who provided him with the script of "The Heat", has started working on the next installment. "We had an idea that we thought was really fun," Feig told Yahoo! Movies. "I just love these characters so much. I want to see them fighting more crime and having more fun."
Judging from Bullock's reaction to the prospect of the sequel, Feig surely will need to work hard to convince her to be back in the game with Melissa McCarthy as Ashburn and Mullins respectively.
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding