Sandra Bullock on 'The Heat' Sequel: 'I'm Not There'
"I know they say never say never, but right now, I can't imagine it," Sandra Bullock says to Entertainment Weekly in response to a question on "The Heat" sequel. The blunt statement may raise some eyebrows considering that the buddy cop movie has performed well at the box office, snagging more than $130 million as of July 23. However, she has reasons why she says so.
"If you look back on my illustrious sequel work, nothing has proven successful," Oscar-winning Bullock laughs as she speaks, referring to her sequels, "Miss Congeniality 2: Armed and Fabulous" and "Speed 2: Cruise Control", which all bombed at the box office. "A sequel is such a daunting thing, because you don't want to lose the magic and the charm of the first one."
She continues. "I don't want to ruin what Melissa [McCarthy] and I had. If a miracle happens where [a script] shows up that really and truly outdid the first and provided an experience that was better than the first one, then I would look at it. But I'm not there."
According to director Paul Feig, scribe Katie Dippold, who provided him with the script of "The Heat", has started working on the next installment. "We had an idea that we thought was really fun," Feig told Yahoo! Movies. "I just love these characters so much. I want to see them fighting more crime and having more fun."
Judging from Bullock's reaction to the prospect of the sequel, Feig surely will need to work hard to convince her to be back in the game with Melissa McCarthy as Ashburn and Mullins respectively.
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen
- Kanye West Sports Wedding Ring While Riding BMX Amid Kim Kardashian Divorce Rumors
- Watch Hailee Steinfeld, Fifth Harmony and More Perform at the 2016 Billboard Women in Music
- Reese Witherspoon Teams Up With Nick Kroll for EDM Rendition of 'Shake It Off'
- 'Puff the Magic Dragon' Gets Live-Action/Animated Hybrid Movie
- Mila Kunis Shows Impressive Post-Baby Body After Giving Birth to Son Dimitri