Gwyneth Paltrow and Ewan McGregor in Line to Star in 'Mortdecai'
Two Hollywood actors eye "Mortdecai" as their potential next starring vehicle. Variety learns that Gwyneth Paltrow and Ewan McGregor enter negotiations to star in the Lionsgate movie, which has been confirmed to have Johnny Depp as the leading man. It is still unknown what roles Paltrow and McGregor are offered.
Director David Koepp is tapped to adapt Kyril Bonfiglioli's comedic crime novel "The Great Mortdecai Moustache Mystery". In the story, Depp's Charlie Mortdecai is a wealthy art dealer and part-time rogue who often gets himself caught up in strange cases of crime and espionage. This is the latest project Koepp and Depp join forces in after "Secret Window".
"On the Line" scribe Eric Aronson is hired to provide Koepp with the script. Depp will produce the pic along with Andrew Lazar of Mad Chance and Christi Dembrowski. Erik Feig, Michael Paseornek, Gillian Bohrer and James Myers will oversee the production for Lionsgate.
The production might be kicked off later this year after Depp wraps up Disney's musical "Into the Woods". No release date has been set yet for "Mortdecai".
After starring in "Iron Man 3", Paltrow will next film "33 dias", a Pablo Picasso biopic which is also supported by Antonio Banderas. McGregor, meanwhile, is filming "Jane Got a Gun".
- Lindsay Lohan Is Facing Bankruptcy After Failing to Pay Rent on $4.2M London Flat
- Kanye West Shares Emotional Throwback Video of Kim Kardashian on Her 36th Birthday
- Anne Hathaway Admits She Faked Happiness During Her 2013 Oscar Win
- 'Real Housewives of Miami' Star Larsa Splits From Husband Scottie Pippen Amid Future Romance Rumor
- Former Bachelorette Desiree Hartsock Gives Birth to Baby Boy
- Jennifer Lawrence to Lead Zelda Fitzgerald Biopic
- Kim Kardashian's Family Shares Throwbacks and Birthday Wishes as She Turns 36
- Chris Pratt to Return to TV as Guest Star on His Wife Anna Faris' 'Mom'