Gwyneth Paltrow and Ewan McGregor in Line to Star in 'Mortdecai'
Two Hollywood actors eye "Mortdecai" as their potential next starring vehicle. Variety learns that Gwyneth Paltrow and Ewan McGregor enter negotiations to star in the Lionsgate movie, which has been confirmed to have Johnny Depp as the leading man. It is still unknown what roles Paltrow and McGregor are offered.
Director David Koepp is tapped to adapt Kyril Bonfiglioli's comedic crime novel "The Great Mortdecai Moustache Mystery". In the story, Depp's Charlie Mortdecai is a wealthy art dealer and part-time rogue who often gets himself caught up in strange cases of crime and espionage. This is the latest project Koepp and Depp join forces in after "Secret Window".
"On the Line" scribe Eric Aronson is hired to provide Koepp with the script. Depp will produce the pic along with Andrew Lazar of Mad Chance and Christi Dembrowski. Erik Feig, Michael Paseornek, Gillian Bohrer and James Myers will oversee the production for Lionsgate.
The production might be kicked off later this year after Depp wraps up Disney's musical "Into the Woods". No release date has been set yet for "Mortdecai".
After starring in "Iron Man 3", Paltrow will next film "33 dias", a Pablo Picasso biopic which is also supported by Antonio Banderas. McGregor, meanwhile, is filming "Jane Got a Gun".
- Adele Doesn't Care About Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie's Split, She Clarifies
- Video: Justin Bieber Gets Into a Fight in German Bar
- Adam Levine and Behati Prinsloo Share First Photo of Baby Dusty Rose
- Ryan Murphy Admits to 'Infighting' on 'Glee' Set and Cast Member Hookups
- Mariah Carey Wears No Underwear in Sheer White Dress During Romantic Getaway With Fiance
- Exes Demi Lovato and Joe Jonas Trapped in Elevator for Four Hours. Was It Awkward?
- Mom Material? Katy Perry Bonds With Orlando Bloom's Son Flynn at Shanghai Disneyland
- Listen to 'Trolls' Soundtrack Featuring Justin Timberlake, Gwen Stefani and Ariana Grande