Gwyneth Paltrow and Ewan McGregor in Line to Star in 'Mortdecai'
Two Hollywood actors eye "Mortdecai" as their potential next starring vehicle. Variety learns that Gwyneth Paltrow and Ewan McGregor enter negotiations to star in the Lionsgate movie, which has been confirmed to have Johnny Depp as the leading man. It is still unknown what roles Paltrow and McGregor are offered.
Director David Koepp is tapped to adapt Kyril Bonfiglioli's comedic crime novel "The Great Mortdecai Moustache Mystery". In the story, Depp's Charlie Mortdecai is a wealthy art dealer and part-time rogue who often gets himself caught up in strange cases of crime and espionage. This is the latest project Koepp and Depp join forces in after "Secret Window".
"On the Line" scribe Eric Aronson is hired to provide Koepp with the script. Depp will produce the pic along with Andrew Lazar of Mad Chance and Christi Dembrowski. Erik Feig, Michael Paseornek, Gillian Bohrer and James Myers will oversee the production for Lionsgate.
The production might be kicked off later this year after Depp wraps up Disney's musical "Into the Woods". No release date has been set yet for "Mortdecai".
After starring in "Iron Man 3", Paltrow will next film "33 dias", a Pablo Picasso biopic which is also supported by Antonio Banderas. McGregor, meanwhile, is filming "Jane Got a Gun".
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen
- Kanye West Sports Wedding Ring While Riding BMX Amid Kim Kardashian Divorce Rumors
- Watch Hailee Steinfeld, Fifth Harmony and More Perform at the 2016 Billboard Women in Music
- Reese Witherspoon Teams Up With Nick Kroll for EDM Rendition of 'Shake It Off'
- 'Puff the Magic Dragon' Gets Live-Action/Animated Hybrid Movie
- Mila Kunis Shows Impressive Post-Baby Body After Giving Birth to Son Dimitri
- 'Shameless' Season 8 Renewal Is Put on Hold as Emmy Rossum Asks for Pay Parity
- Ryan Reynolds Finally Reveals Why He Looked So Uninterested in That Taylor Swift Photo