Beyonce's New Album Is Not Delayed, Says Rep
There have been so many speculations over Beyonce Knowles' highly-anticipated fifth album. Earlier this year, a source claimed that Bey pushed back her new album release date until this fall. Last month, collaborator Ne-Yo also hinted at the possibility that Bey's new album wouldn't arrive anytime soon.
An official representative for Bey has spoken out about the reported album delay in an interview with Huffington Post. The unnamed rep told the site that the follow-up to 2011's "4" was not delayed because an official release date had never been set.
According to the rep, Bey is working on her new album while completing her ongoing Mrs. Carter World Tour, and there will be an official press rollout to accompany an official release day.
Bey is reportedly working hard to make the upcoming release her best. The Hollywood Reporter claimed that the 31-year-old singer had scrapped at least 50 songs that were expected to be featured in the album, including her collaborations with The-Dream, Sia Furler, Ryan Tedder, Diane Warren, Ne-Yo and Diplo.
According to the site, Bey's label, the Sony-owned Columbia, had originally hoped to have her album out by Spring. Then, they set their sights on a fourth-quarter release to compete with the likes of Lady GaGa and Katy Perry.
"Beyonce has had some of the biggest hits of our format, and we're ready for the next," says Tom Poleman, president of national programming platforms at Clear Channel.
More Beyonce Knowles News
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery
- Kim Zolciak Criticized for Posting Inappropriate Photo of 2-Year-Old Daughter Kaia
- New 'Game of Thrones' Photos Confirm the Highly Anticipated Meet-Up
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Steps Out in Full Islamic Dress
- Charlie Puth Cancels the Rest of His Tour Dates Because He's 'Extremely Sick'
- Chris Hemsworth Shoots Down Split Reports With Cheeky Instagram Post
- Kim Kardashian Said She Could 'Handle' Social Media Days Before She Got Robbed