Report: 'Star Wars Episode 7' Eyes Ryan Gosling and Zac Efron
With Disney's confirmation that "Star Wars Episode 7" will start its production next year in Britain, it is no doubt that fans will soon start hearing some names linked or even attached to the project. Now, Latino Review claims that the studio eyes two other famous names in addition to Jonathan Rhys-Meyers.
According to the site, Ryan Gosling and Zac Efron are courted for the next "Star Wars" film. Gosling, who stars as leading man Julian in "Only God Forgives", is reportedly offered to be Luke Skywalker's son, while "The Lucky One" actor Efron might be expected to take on the role of Han Solo's kid.
The report, however, is not confirmed yet and neither is the one about Rhys-Meyers. Up to now, director J.J. Abrams who is trusted to pick up where 1983's "Return of the Jedi" left off has not said a word about casting news at all, except about his approach to the film.
"It is so massive and so important to people. I think the key to moving forward on something like this is honoring but not revering what came before," said Abrams, who will co-produce the pic alongside Kathleen Kennedy, George Lucas and Bryan Burk.
"Star Wars Episode 7" is expected to storm theaters in 2015.
More Star Wars: The Force Awakens News
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics