Report: 'Star Wars Episode 7' Eyes Ryan Gosling and Zac Efron
With Disney's confirmation that "Star Wars Episode 7" will start its production next year in Britain, it is no doubt that fans will soon start hearing some names linked or even attached to the project. Now, Latino Review claims that the studio eyes two other famous names in addition to Jonathan Rhys-Meyers.
According to the site, Ryan Gosling and Zac Efron are courted for the next "Star Wars" film. Gosling, who stars as leading man Julian in "Only God Forgives", is reportedly offered to be Luke Skywalker's son, while "The Lucky One" actor Efron might be expected to take on the role of Han Solo's kid.
The report, however, is not confirmed yet and neither is the one about Rhys-Meyers. Up to now, director J.J. Abrams who is trusted to pick up where 1983's "Return of the Jedi" left off has not said a word about casting news at all, except about his approach to the film.
"It is so massive and so important to people. I think the key to moving forward on something like this is honoring but not revering what came before," said Abrams, who will co-produce the pic alongside Kathleen Kennedy, George Lucas and Bryan Burk.
"Star Wars Episode 7" is expected to storm theaters in 2015.
- Priscilla Presley's Taking Care of Lisa Marie Presley's Twin Girls Amid Nasty Custody Battle
- Pregnant Rosie Huntington-Whiteley Covers Baby Bump in Trench Coat on Lunch Date With Jason Statham
- Fergie Shows Off Pert Derriere in Cheeky Instagram Picture
- George Clooney Finally Opens Up About Amal's Pregnancy
- Adele Named Top Music Legend of the Future
- Taron Egerton Is Seen Filming 'Robin Hood: Origins' in Croatia
- Possible 'Jurassic World 2' Plot Details Revealed
- 'Sherlock' Could Get Axed, Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman's Busy Schedules Are to Blame