Report: 'Star Wars Episode 7' Eyes Ryan Gosling and Zac Efron
With Disney's confirmation that "Star Wars Episode 7" will start its production next year in Britain, it is no doubt that fans will soon start hearing some names linked or even attached to the project. Now, Latino Review claims that the studio eyes two other famous names in addition to Jonathan Rhys-Meyers.
According to the site, Ryan Gosling and Zac Efron are courted for the next "Star Wars" film. Gosling, who stars as leading man Julian in "Only God Forgives", is reportedly offered to be Luke Skywalker's son, while "The Lucky One" actor Efron might be expected to take on the role of Han Solo's kid.
The report, however, is not confirmed yet and neither is the one about Rhys-Meyers. Up to now, director J.J. Abrams who is trusted to pick up where 1983's "Return of the Jedi" left off has not said a word about casting news at all, except about his approach to the film.
"It is so massive and so important to people. I think the key to moving forward on something like this is honoring but not revering what came before," said Abrams, who will co-produce the pic alongside Kathleen Kennedy, George Lucas and Bryan Burk.
"Star Wars Episode 7" is expected to storm theaters in 2015.
More Star Wars: The Force Awakens News
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences