Report: 'Star Wars Episode 7' Eyes Ryan Gosling and Zac Efron
With Disney's confirmation that "Star Wars Episode 7" will start its production next year in Britain, it is no doubt that fans will soon start hearing some names linked or even attached to the project. Now, Latino Review claims that the studio eyes two other famous names in addition to Jonathan Rhys-Meyers.
According to the site, Ryan Gosling and Zac Efron are courted for the next "Star Wars" film. Gosling, who stars as leading man Julian in "Only God Forgives", is reportedly offered to be Luke Skywalker's son, while "The Lucky One" actor Efron might be expected to take on the role of Han Solo's kid.
The report, however, is not confirmed yet and neither is the one about Rhys-Meyers. Up to now, director J.J. Abrams who is trusted to pick up where 1983's "Return of the Jedi" left off has not said a word about casting news at all, except about his approach to the film.
"It is so massive and so important to people. I think the key to moving forward on something like this is honoring but not revering what came before," said Abrams, who will co-produce the pic alongside Kathleen Kennedy, George Lucas and Bryan Burk.
"Star Wars Episode 7" is expected to storm theaters in 2015.
More Star Wars: The Force Awakens News
- Scott Eastwood Is in Talks to Star in 'Pacific Rim 2'
- Video: Chris Brown Throws a Fan's Phone Used to Film Him at a Club
- 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' Season 4 Casting News Fuels the Ghost Rider Speculation
- 'Quantico' Beauty Priyanka Chopra Reveals She Has 'Never Dated.' Here's Why
- Drake Says His Heart's Broken by Rihanna as They Spark New Dating Rumor in London
- First Look at Matthew McConaughey as Man in Black on 'The Dark Tower' Set
- Fergie Debuts 'M.I.L.F. $'. Listen to the Empowering New Track!
- Nicki Minaj Goes Braless and Flashes Ample Boob in This Photo