Toni Braxton and Keri Lewis' Divorce Finalized
Toni Braxton is now officially a single woman. The singer has finalized divorce from husband Keri Lewis four years after they went separate ways.
"The couple has had an amicable split and will still both be actively involved in raising their two sons, 11-year-old Denim and 10-year-old Diezel," the singer said in a statement to The Hollywood Reporter, on Wednesday, July 24.
The "Braxton Family Values" star and the former member of Mint Condition tied the knot in April 1998. The wedding was held in a private outdoor ceremony on a 60-acre estate near Atlanta. The Associated Press reported that Atlanta's former Mayor Andrew Young officiated the wedding.
Braxton walked down the aisle in a Vera Wang dress in front of 250 guests, including singer Monica, rapper Mack 10 and other singers such as Usher, Donell Jones, Tionne Watkins and Rozonda Thomas. A 16-piece orchestra entertained the guests at the nuptials.
The couple, however, decided to split in 2009. "I had to figure out a plan for my life that had nothing to do with him. I was angry with everybody. I couldn't believe this was happening to me. I felt that I was a person dealing with a lot of struggles and here comes another one," she said of the split last October.
Braxton is currently preparing for a duet album with Kenny "Babyface" Edmonds. The album will be released via Motown Records this fall, but the title and release date are not confirmed yet. The eight-time Grammy winner is set to kick off North American tour in Las Vegas in early August. The tour wraps up in Atlanta on August 31.
- John Legend Expresses His Anger and Hope in 'In America'
- Ryan Gosling Explains His Giggle During Oscar Fiasco
- Report: Kevin Hart's Wife Eniko Pregnant With Their First Child
- 'Avengers: Infinity War' Starts Filming in Scotland, Set Photos and Video Arrive
- 'Orphan Black' Unveils First Photos and Details of Final Season
- Hailey Baldwin Fuels Cameron Dallas Dating Rumors as They're Spotted Grabbing Lunch Together
- Donald Trump and Wife Melania Reportedly Sleep in Separate Bedrooms and Never Spend a Night Together
- Iggy Azalea Is Twerking in Sneak Peek of 'Mo Bounce' Music Video