'47 Ronin' First Trailer: Keanu Reeves Is the Chosen Samurai
"47 Ronin" has debuted its first trailer online and treats fans to glimpses of Keanu Reeves leaping into action as a rejected half-breed samurai who emerges as a hero. As the video sees "Pacific Rim" star Rinko Kikuchi turning into a dragon, one can expect more of supernatural scenes to be previewed throughout the movie.
Directed by Carl Rinsch, the upcoming fantasy action movie tells a story of 47 leaderless samurai who vow to seek vengeance after their master is killed by a treacherous warlord. The band of Ronin then seek the help of Kai, the one whom they once rejected and who turns out to be the deadly weapon of this band of outnumbered rebels.
Besides Reeves and Kikuchi, the Universal Pictures movie stars Hiroyuki Sanada, who plays opposite Hugh Jackman in Marvel's upcoming flick "The Wolverine". Kou Shibasaki and Tadanobu Asano are added to the cast ensemble as well.
"47 Ronin" is billed as the first ever English-language adaptation of the famous Chushingura story in the early 18th century. Chris Morgan and Hossein Amini pen the screenplay. Serving as producers are Scott Stuber, Pamela Abdy and Eric McLeod.
Universal will release the movie on this year's Christmas Day in the U.S.
- 'Ghostbusters' Cast Show Off the New Gadgets in Latest Featurette
- HBO Officially Confirms Jon Snow's True Parentage With This 'Game of Thrones' Infographic
- New 'Star Trek Beyond' Character Poster Shows Jaylah on Cap's Chair
- Lady GaGa and Taylor Kinney's Wedding Plan Reportedly Shelved Because of This
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Make Out in Rome, Fans Say Their Romance Is 'Staged'
- Watch James Van Der Beek Channel Diplo to Promote Mad Decent Block Party
- Jessica Simpson Reportedly Hires 'Homely' Nannies Because She Fears Her Husband Will Cheat on Her
- Your Favorite 'Nashville' Stars Are Returning for Season 5. Find Out Which Ones