'47 Ronin' First Trailer: Keanu Reeves Is the Chosen Samurai
"47 Ronin" has debuted its first trailer online and treats fans to glimpses of Keanu Reeves leaping into action as a rejected half-breed samurai who emerges as a hero. As the video sees "Pacific Rim" star Rinko Kikuchi turning into a dragon, one can expect more of supernatural scenes to be previewed throughout the movie.
Directed by Carl Rinsch, the upcoming fantasy action movie tells a story of 47 leaderless samurai who vow to seek vengeance after their master is killed by a treacherous warlord. The band of Ronin then seek the help of Kai, the one whom they once rejected and who turns out to be the deadly weapon of this band of outnumbered rebels.
Besides Reeves and Kikuchi, the Universal Pictures movie stars Hiroyuki Sanada, who plays opposite Hugh Jackman in Marvel's upcoming flick "The Wolverine". Kou Shibasaki and Tadanobu Asano are added to the cast ensemble as well.
"47 Ronin" is billed as the first ever English-language adaptation of the famous Chushingura story in the early 18th century. Chris Morgan and Hossein Amini pen the screenplay. Serving as producers are Scott Stuber, Pamela Abdy and Eric McLeod.
Universal will release the movie on this year's Christmas Day in the U.S.
- Celine Dion, J.Lo, Mariah Carey and Backstreet Boys Will Not Cancel Vegas Shows Despite ISIS Threat
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Enjoy Night Out in Cannes
- Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Enjoying 'Wild Sex' in Cannes
- Mariah Carey Is Slammed by Co-Star for Alleged 'Bananas' Behaviour on 'The House' Filming Set
- Super Junior's Kyuhyun Begins Mandatory Military Service
- Report: Chris Pratt and Anna Faris Expecting Second Child
- Get a Look at Various Aliens and Creatures in Stunning 'Valerian' Final Trailer
- Katy Perry Unfollows Migos on Instagram After Backlash Over Homophobia