'47 Ronin' First Trailer: Keanu Reeves Is the Chosen Samurai
"47 Ronin" has debuted its first trailer online and treats fans to glimpses of Keanu Reeves leaping into action as a rejected half-breed samurai who emerges as a hero. As the video sees "Pacific Rim" star Rinko Kikuchi turning into a dragon, one can expect more of supernatural scenes to be previewed throughout the movie.
Directed by Carl Rinsch, the upcoming fantasy action movie tells a story of 47 leaderless samurai who vow to seek vengeance after their master is killed by a treacherous warlord. The band of Ronin then seek the help of Kai, the one whom they once rejected and who turns out to be the deadly weapon of this band of outnumbered rebels.
Besides Reeves and Kikuchi, the Universal Pictures movie stars Hiroyuki Sanada, who plays opposite Hugh Jackman in Marvel's upcoming flick "The Wolverine". Kou Shibasaki and Tadanobu Asano are added to the cast ensemble as well.
"47 Ronin" is billed as the first ever English-language adaptation of the famous Chushingura story in the early 18th century. Chris Morgan and Hossein Amini pen the screenplay. Serving as producers are Scott Stuber, Pamela Abdy and Eric McLeod.
Universal will release the movie on this year's Christmas Day in the U.S.
- Selena Gomez Chops Off Her Hair - See Her New Short Haircut!
- DC to Bring Beast Boy to Life in Live-Action Series 'Titans'
- 'Star Wars Episode IX', 'Indiana Jones 5', 'Frozen 2' Get Release Dates
- Is DC Comedy 'Powerless' Canceled by NBC?
- Seth Rogen and Billy Eichner Join Live-Action 'Lion King'
- Report: Blake Shelon Is Hiding Shameful Family Secrets From Gwen Stefani
- Kim Kardashian Hits Back at Haters Over Her Unretouched Bikini Photos
- Are J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Readying New Show Together?