'Rocky' Spin-Off 'Creed' Wants Michael B. Jordan as Sylvester Stallone's Partner
MGM is developing a "Rocky" spin-off and hoping it to stage a reunion between helmer Ryan Coogler and his "Fruitvale Station" star, Michael B. Jordan. Deadline reports that the Oscar Grant depicter in the movie from The Weinstein Co. is at the negotiation table to discuss the possibility of him starring in Coogler's next film opposite Sylvester Stallone who reprises his Rocky Balboa role.
Jordan is expected to play the grandson of Apollo Creed, Balboa's greatest opponent and later best buddy with Carl Weathers as the depicter. In the story, the young Creed is raised in "an upper-crust home" where he does not have to box, all thanks to the monetary benefits of his grandfather. However, he has natural instinct and gifts, and later seeks out retired fighter Balboa to train him.
Coogler will direct from a script he writes with Aaron Covington. Stallone, who is now busy getting involved in the musical production of his Oscar-winning 1976 pic "Rocky", will join forces with Kevin King, Irwin Winkler and Robert Chartoff to produce the movie. No start date has been set yet.
After starring in "Fruitvale Station" which got Prize Of The Future at Cannes and won big at Sundance, Jordan will next be seen in "Are We Officially Dating?", a 2014 romcom which also stars Zac Efron and Miles Teller.
More Creed News
- 'Ghostbusters' Cast Show Off the New Gadgets in Latest Featurette
- HBO Officially Confirms Jon Snow's True Parentage With This 'Game of Thrones' Infographic
- New 'Star Trek Beyond' Character Poster Shows Jaylah on Cap's Chair
- Lady GaGa and Taylor Kinney's Wedding Plan Reportedly Shelved Because of This
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Make Out in Rome, Fans Say Their Romance Is 'Staged'
- Watch James Van Der Beek Channel Diplo to Promote Mad Decent Block Party
- Jessica Simpson Reportedly Hires 'Homely' Nannies Because She Fears Her Husband Will Cheat on Her
- Your Favorite 'Nashville' Stars Are Returning for Season 5. Find Out Which Ones