'Rocky' Spin-Off 'Creed' Wants Michael B. Jordan as Sylvester Stallone's Partner
MGM is developing a "Rocky" spin-off and hoping it to stage a reunion between helmer Ryan Coogler and his "Fruitvale Station" star, Michael B. Jordan. Deadline reports that the Oscar Grant depicter in the movie from The Weinstein Co. is at the negotiation table to discuss the possibility of him starring in Coogler's next film opposite Sylvester Stallone who reprises his Rocky Balboa role.
Jordan is expected to play the grandson of Apollo Creed, Balboa's greatest opponent and later best buddy with Carl Weathers as the depicter. In the story, the young Creed is raised in "an upper-crust home" where he does not have to box, all thanks to the monetary benefits of his grandfather. However, he has natural instinct and gifts, and later seeks out retired fighter Balboa to train him.
Coogler will direct from a script he writes with Aaron Covington. Stallone, who is now busy getting involved in the musical production of his Oscar-winning 1976 pic "Rocky", will join forces with Kevin King, Irwin Winkler and Robert Chartoff to produce the movie. No start date has been set yet.
After starring in "Fruitvale Station" which got Prize Of The Future at Cannes and won big at Sundance, Jordan will next be seen in "Are We Officially Dating?", a 2014 romcom which also stars Zac Efron and Miles Teller.
- Sharon Osbourne Faces Backlash After Undergoing Plastic Surgery for Her Ageless Look
- At Rob Lowe Roast, Ann Coulter Ends Up on the Receiving End of Comics' Jabs
- Jennifer Garner Appears to Be Crying During a Reunion With Ben Affleck
- Is Tupac Still Alive? Rapper's New Selfie Arrives 20 Years After His Death
- New 'Westworld' Trailer Sets Clear Distinction Between Reality and Fantasy
- New 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Highlights 'Fierce Female' Characters
- Drake Trips on Rihanna's Dress After Declaring His Love for Her at the 2016 MTV VMAs
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.10 Preview: Travis and Chris Run Into New Group