'Rocky' Spin-Off 'Creed' Wants Michael B. Jordan as Sylvester Stallone's Partner
MGM is developing a "Rocky" spin-off and hoping it to stage a reunion between helmer Ryan Coogler and his "Fruitvale Station" star, Michael B. Jordan. Deadline reports that the Oscar Grant depicter in the movie from The Weinstein Co. is at the negotiation table to discuss the possibility of him starring in Coogler's next film opposite Sylvester Stallone who reprises his Rocky Balboa role.
Jordan is expected to play the grandson of Apollo Creed, Balboa's greatest opponent and later best buddy with Carl Weathers as the depicter. In the story, the young Creed is raised in "an upper-crust home" where he does not have to box, all thanks to the monetary benefits of his grandfather. However, he has natural instinct and gifts, and later seeks out retired fighter Balboa to train him.
Coogler will direct from a script he writes with Aaron Covington. Stallone, who is now busy getting involved in the musical production of his Oscar-winning 1976 pic "Rocky", will join forces with Kevin King, Irwin Winkler and Robert Chartoff to produce the movie. No start date has been set yet.
After starring in "Fruitvale Station" which got Prize Of The Future at Cannes and won big at Sundance, Jordan will next be seen in "Are We Officially Dating?", a 2014 romcom which also stars Zac Efron and Miles Teller.
More Creed News
- 'Game of Thrones' Set Pics: Look Who's Also Back for Season 7!
- Are They Really Dating? Drake Already Introduces Taylor Swift to His Mom
- Ouch, It Looks Painful! Hugh Jackman Suffers Gunshot Wounds in New 'Logan' Image
- Jasmine Tookes to Rock Victoria's Secret New Fantasy Bra. See and Get Details of the $3M Lingerie!
- J.J. Abrams' 'God Particle' Is Reportedly the Next 'Cloverfield' Movie
- Is This What Tom Hiddleston Thinks of Taylor Swift Getting Close With Drake?
- 'Sherlock' Season 4 Gets Premiere Date. Mark Your Calendar!
- Gavin Rossdale Signs Publishing Deal With Roc Nation