Amanda Bynes' Parents Seeking Conservatorship of the Actress
Hot on heels of Amanda Bynes' incident with a gas can in the driveway of their neighbor's house, Los Angeles Times reports that her parents discuss a plan to seek conservatorship in a effort to help turn their daughter's erratic life around.
In a similar case after a series of erratic incidents in 2008, Britney Spears' parents were granted conservatorship of their daughter. Since her father oversaw her life, the pop singer was back on the right track and successfully launched a comeback.
Amanda is currently placed on a 5150 psychiatric hold for mental health evaluation after her arrest following the campfire incident. Her parents were recently pictured leaving a Los Angeles-area hospital where the troubled star was believed to be hospitalized.
The "Hairspray" star was spotted with a gas can trailing fire at a random person's house in her hometown of in Thousand Oaks, California Monday, July 22. A witness said her pant leg caught fire, and she stripped her pants off to chase her dog.
As the person and some other passersby were helping put out the flames, she reportedly walked down the block into a liquor store. In a surveillance camera, she was seen pacing around the store before entering the Employee Only area next to the cash register.
The clerk on duty said she reeked of gasoline and saw her rinse her pet in the sink when the employee checked on her in the back. She fled when being confronted. "I don't think there was a whole lot of communication," the employee said.
In such cases, a person is usually held only for 72 hours in involuntary mental health examination, but Bynes could face up to two weeks of psychological counseling if she is deemed a danger to herself and others.
No criminal charges will be filed against the former child actress for setting the fire. "She's at a mental health facility now so we're out of the mix," Capt. Don Aguilar told MTV News.
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Nipples in Sheer Bra for Love Magazine
- Kanye West in Talks to Join Revival of 'American Idol'
- Midlife Crisis? Leonardo DiCaprio Will Do Anything to Stay Young
- Harry Styles Is 'Terrified' His Debut Solo Single Will Not Sell
- Kim Kardashian Drops Baby Bombshell to Save 'KUWTK' Ratings
- James Blunt Sings Touching New Song at Carrie Fisher and Debbie Reynolds' Memorial
- 'Orange Is the New Black' Star Samira Wiley Marries the Show's Writer Lauren Morelli
- 'Once Upon a Time' 6.15 Preview: Aladdin and Jasmine Meet Ariel in 'A Wondrous Place'