Amanda Bynes' Parents Seeking Conservatorship of the Actress
Hot on heels of Amanda Bynes' incident with a gas can in the driveway of their neighbor's house, Los Angeles Times reports that her parents discuss a plan to seek conservatorship in a effort to help turn their daughter's erratic life around.
In a similar case after a series of erratic incidents in 2008, Britney Spears' parents were granted conservatorship of their daughter. Since her father oversaw her life, the pop singer was back on the right track and successfully launched a comeback.
Amanda is currently placed on a 5150 psychiatric hold for mental health evaluation after her arrest following the campfire incident. Her parents were recently pictured leaving a Los Angeles-area hospital where the troubled star was believed to be hospitalized.
The "Hairspray" star was spotted with a gas can trailing fire at a random person's house in her hometown of in Thousand Oaks, California Monday, July 22. A witness said her pant leg caught fire, and she stripped her pants off to chase her dog.
As the person and some other passersby were helping put out the flames, she reportedly walked down the block into a liquor store. In a surveillance camera, she was seen pacing around the store before entering the Employee Only area next to the cash register.
The clerk on duty said she reeked of gasoline and saw her rinse her pet in the sink when the employee checked on her in the back. She fled when being confronted. "I don't think there was a whole lot of communication," the employee said.
In such cases, a person is usually held only for 72 hours in involuntary mental health examination, but Bynes could face up to two weeks of psychological counseling if she is deemed a danger to herself and others.
No criminal charges will be filed against the former child actress for setting the fire. "She's at a mental health facility now so we're out of the mix," Capt. Don Aguilar told MTV News.
More Amanda Bynes News
- Rosie Huntington-Whiteley and Jason Statham Welcome Baby Boy. See His First Picture!
- Bad Blood! Jennifer Aniston and Chelsea Handler Are Feuding
- Amanda Bynes Blacklists Parents as She Relaunches Career
- George Clooney and Amal Are Moving Their Children to L.A. for Safety Reasons
- Hugh Jackman Launches His First Circus in 'The Greatest Showman' Trailer
- Inside J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez's Secret Romantic Proposal in Paris
- Ex-Sistar Member Bora Is Dating Big Star's Feeldog
- The Obamas' Balinese Vacation Pictures: See the Family During Temple Visit and Rafting