Amanda Bynes' Parents Seeking Conservatorship of the Actress
Hot on heels of Amanda Bynes' incident with a gas can in the driveway of their neighbor's house, Los Angeles Times reports that her parents discuss a plan to seek conservatorship in a effort to help turn their daughter's erratic life around.
In a similar case after a series of erratic incidents in 2008, Britney Spears' parents were granted conservatorship of their daughter. Since her father oversaw her life, the pop singer was back on the right track and successfully launched a comeback.
Amanda is currently placed on a 5150 psychiatric hold for mental health evaluation after her arrest following the campfire incident. Her parents were recently pictured leaving a Los Angeles-area hospital where the troubled star was believed to be hospitalized.
The "Hairspray" star was spotted with a gas can trailing fire at a random person's house in her hometown of in Thousand Oaks, California Monday, July 22. A witness said her pant leg caught fire, and she stripped her pants off to chase her dog.
As the person and some other passersby were helping put out the flames, she reportedly walked down the block into a liquor store. In a surveillance camera, she was seen pacing around the store before entering the Employee Only area next to the cash register.
The clerk on duty said she reeked of gasoline and saw her rinse her pet in the sink when the employee checked on her in the back. She fled when being confronted. "I don't think there was a whole lot of communication," the employee said.
In such cases, a person is usually held only for 72 hours in involuntary mental health examination, but Bynes could face up to two weeks of psychological counseling if she is deemed a danger to herself and others.
No criminal charges will be filed against the former child actress for setting the fire. "She's at a mental health facility now so we're out of the mix," Capt. Don Aguilar told MTV News.
Unfortunately your browser does not support IFrames.
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences