Stolen Flock of Seagulls Van Found Empty
English New Wave band A Flock of Seagulls finally found their stolen van. City News Service reported that the van was retrieved on Tuesday night in Santa Fe Springs, after it went missing over the weekend.
Musical equipment, concert's outfits and other necessities, however, were no longer in the car. "The van itself was found, but all the gear was taken. The van was empty," the band's leader Mike Score told CNN on Wednesday, July 24.
Friends and fans of the band are trying to retrieve the missing equipment in every possible way. "The word, though, is out and we have lots of other band members scouring eBay and Craigslist for signs of the equipment," he said, adding that a music store in California has a list of the missing equipment in case someone tries to sell it. The singer is especially worried about hard drives which contain materials for his upcoming album. His music "was just about ready to go" when it got stolen.
A representative said that the van was parked in front of Comfort Inn in Downey, California, after the members performed their Saturday night gig in Bellflower. They were scheduled to perform at a free show in Woodland Hills on Sunday. A thief, however, was captured in a surveillance camera on Sunday at around 2 A.M. breaking into the car and driving off.
"Somebody just broke into it, stole our whole van with all our equipment, clothing, band gear, cellphones, everything you need when you're on the road - all your good stuff, all your good clothes, a bunch of expensive band equipment. A lot of stuff that's really irreplaceable," Score said. The band later continued performing at the Sunday gig using rented equipment "that was totally foreign to us."
Score is the only original member of the band. A Flock of Seagulls gained popularity in the U.S. with their 1982 hit "I Ran (So Far Away)". The band's members were set to leave for U.K. on Tuesday.
- Watch: Louis Tomlinson Performs 'Just Hold On' in Honor of His Late Mother
- Jennifer Lawrence Apologizes to Hawaiian People for Joking About Sacred Rocks
- Tim Miller Opens Up on Why He Left 'Deadpool 2'
- Donald Trump Clarifies 'Apprentice' Rumors, Insists He Will Devote 'Zero Time' to the Show
- Tom Holland Enrolled in High School Under Fake Name for 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen