Jason Sudeikis Confirms He's Leaving 'Saturday Night Live'
Jason Sudeikis is officially quitting "Saturday Night Live". After ten years on the NBC variety show, the actor/comedian confirmed during his appearance on "Late Show with David Letterman" that he's not coming back next fall.
"I'm definitely done," he told David Letterman when asked how long he would stay on "SNL". "I'm gonna leave. Yeah, I'm not coming back next fall." Calling his stint on the sketch show "fantastic" and "amazing," Sudeikis admitted that by August, "you start to get that itch."
"All these sketch ideas will show up," he predicted what would happen to him in the fall. "I'll be like, 'Well, can I make this sketch idea last 90 minutes and turn it into a movie?! Probably not.' "
Sudeikis, who's engaged to actress Olivia Wilde, spent two years on "SNL" as a writer and eight years as a performer. He was about to leave in 2012, but then agreed to stay on for another season.
"SNL" has lost two other longtime regulars this year, with Bill Hader and Fred Armisen already confirming their departures in May's season finale. Seth Meyers, who is the head writer of "SNL", will also leave to replace Jimmy Fallon as the "Late Night" show host.
Jason Sudeikis confirms "SNL" exit:
More Saturday Night Live News
- Iggy Azalea's Former Fiance Nick Young Welcomes Baby No. 2 With His Other Ex
- Felicity Jones Leads the Rebel Alliance in New 'Rogue One: A Star Wars Story' Pic
- Is Mariah Carey's 'Close Relationship' With a Male Dancer to Blame for James Packer Split?
- Charli XCX Releases 'After the Afterparty' Feat. Lil Yachty
- Calvin Harris Flirts With Halsey on Twitter
- Kanye West Plays Birthday Video for Kim and Gives Her Shout-Out During 'Saint Pablo' Show
- Get Your First Look at Tessa Thompson as Valkyrie on 'Thor: Ragnarok' Set
- Madonna Lets Photographer Grab Her Crotch During Party. See the Pics!