Prince William and Kate Middleton Name Baby Son George Alexander Louis
Two-day-old Prince of Cambridge finally has a name. Prince William and his wife Kate Middleton announce in a statement that they have chosen a name for their baby son, George Alexander Louis.
"The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are delighted to announce that they have named their son George Alexander Louis," the Kensington Palace states. "The baby will be known as His Royal Highness Prince George of Cambridge."
There is no official explanation about the meaning behind the name, but it's strongly believed that the name was chosen with love and a nod to history of their family.
George is the name of Queen Elizabeth II's father George VI and grandfather George V. Alexander is a male version of the Queen's middle name Alexandra, while Louis is part of Prince William's full name, William Arthur Philip Louis.
Third to the throne, the baby was born Monday, July 22 at St. Mary's hospital in London. "It's very emotional," Kate said. "It's a moment that any parent having just given birth will know what this feeling feels like." William added, "It's very special." The couple brought their baby home Tuesday, July 23.
- Kylie Jenner Teases Her Secret Project in Seductive Instagram Photos
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 8 Could Have More Than Six Episodes
- Alec Baldwin, Mark Ruffalo and Michael Moore Stage a Star-Studded Anti-Trump Protest in NYC
- 'Good Behavior' Gets Season 2 Renewal
- Hailee Steinfeld Confirms Her Return for 'Pitch Perfect 3'
- Jenna Dewan Having 'Big Fight' With Channing Tatum Over Her Nude Photo
- Katy Perry Goes Blonde as She Throws Surprise Birthday Bash for Orlando Bloom
- Ariana Grande Flaunts Her Slender Body in Pics to Tease Her Upcoming Tour