Selena Gomez Ends Interview After Justin Bieber-Related Question
Recenty-turned 21-year-old pop star Selena Gomez was being interviewed live via satellite by Chicago's WGN-TV host Dean Richards to promote her "Stars Dance" tour when the feed was abruptly cut. It turns out the interviewer's question about Justin Bieber, Gomez's on-again-off-again boyfriend, proved to be, so to speak, the deal breaker.
"You're, you know, probably as close a friend to Justin Bieber as they come. Is there something about him that we don't get or we don't understand? I mean, there is one story after another of, you know, pretty outrageous behavior that we're reading about," Richards said, drawing a smile out of Gomez.
As the host finally ended his train of thought with, "What don't we get about him, or what is it that he's not getting?", Gomez looked away from the camera perhaps not anticipating to be asked about her former beau. Then the singer suddenly popped out of the screen replaced by a title card that read, "Stars Dance Tour with Selena Gomez".
Perhaps Richards was not properly advised not to bring up the subject, but he might have thought Gomez would know Bieber better than everyone else and could explain why the teen heartthrob is behaving the way he does. The 19-year-old global celebrity's most recent antics include the bucket-peeing video involving former President Bill Clinton, partying inside his tour bus in Indianapolis and allegedly spitting on the face of an Ohio DJ.
More Selena Gomez News
- Here's What Blac Chyna Thinks of Kylie Jenner Playing Step Mom to King Cairo
- 'Mr. Robot' 2.09 Preview: It's Time to Go Home
- Lady GaGa's New Song 'Perfect Illusion' Reportedly due Out Next Week
- Three Potential Directors Lined Up to Helm 'Captain Marvel'
- 'Dancing with the Stars': Maksim Chmerkovskiy Will Return, Ryan Lochte Is in Talks for Season 23
- Justin Bieber Reunites With Sofia Richie for Her Birthday After Partying With Bronte Blampied
- Ariana Grande and Nicki Minaj to Perform 'Side to Side' at 2016 MTV VMAs
- Inside Katy Perry and Orlando Bloom's Proposal Plans