Donald Trump Slams Hollywood Movies, Labels Them 'Garbage'
Donald Trump takes a momentary break from his busy life as a real estate mogul by taking to Twitter to become a movie critic. The 67-year-old businessman, who is known for his words "You're fired" on "The Apprentice" series, apparently is not satisfied with what filmmakers and producers try to offer to moviegoers.
"This is the summer of box office bombs," Trump tweeted on Tuesday, July 23. The father of Ivanka Trump, who serves as "Apprentice" advisor and helps her father decide who should be out of the competition, continues voicing his criticism, "Who is green lighting this garbage? The scripts are terrible."
Even though Trump does not specifically mention which movies the word "garbage" refers to, his criticism is probably aimed at the recent box office flops, such as "The Lone Ranger", "After Earth" and "R.I.P.D."
This is not the first time Trump becomes a vocal critic. Last month, the business magnate slammed the 12-time Emmy Award-winning sitcom, "Modern Family". Still using the same social network, he said of the ABC show, "Just tried watching 'Modern Family' - written by a moron, really boring. Writer has the mind of a very dumb and backward child. Sorry Danny!"
The show's executive producer Danny Zuker, the one whom Trump directed the apology to, fired back at the billionaire. "Your insults need work," Zuker tweeted. "Here's one I've been working on: 'Every picture you post of yourself is a dick pic.' See?"
More Donald Trump News
- Get a Look at Intriguing New Footage of 'King Arthur: Legend of the Sword'
- Nicole Scherzinger Flashes Ample Cleavage and Toned Abs for New Ad
- Kurt Sutter Reveals The Mayans Originally Didn't Exist in 'Sons of Anarchy'
- Colton Haynes Introduces New Boyfriend Jeff Leatham
- First Look at Kurt Russell as Ego the Living Planet in 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'
- Here's the First Look of Shocker's Costume in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Watch John Legend's Show-Stopping Performance at NBA All-Star Game 2017 Halftime Show
- Madonna's Malawi Twins' Father Says He Didn't Realize the Adoption Was Permanent